The Next New.........."FAKE SHORTAGE"! = (much higher prices for YOU!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Hey TGT,

Well........ "they've" done it with gas/fuel/sugar/anti-freeze/coffee/lumber/.22 ammo/primers.........etc

Now "they" are doing it with "computer chips"! https://www.vox.com/recode/2021/8/5...ctronics-automakers-gm-tesla-playstation-xbox

What, you ask?...

"They" are using the "magic word"................."SHORTAGE!"

Any time "They" want to JACK the PRICE plum through the BLAME ROOF.......... "They" shout the "magic word".............."SHORTAGE" through the kommy/slime MSM and the majority of the American Publik is STOOPID enough to believe "Them".... :banghead:

"They" have put "confuser chips" in just about every fool thang. From cars to worsher (Pa talk) machines. Phones, cash registers.......etc...

So ........now (and believe this or not, there is a "shortage" of used pick up trucks just now, $26K for a stripped down 2015 Toyota with 80,000 miles, look it up on car fax, in Pgh Pa!!):banghead::banghead: "They " are going to "jump the price" on every blame thang! (cain't get a quart of milk, without it being "rung up" on a fool confuserized cash register):banghead:

WE, as AMERICANS..........need to stop BUYING CRAP........for just ONE blamed WEEK!

That! Would be a step in lower fool prices...

Rant over...

Back to our regular channel.

Later, Mark

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    The chip shortage started before covid. The writing had been on the wall for some time.

When plants shut down for covid, demand didn’t go away. So the problem got exponentially worse.
    And without more manufacturing coming online (which takes a loooong time), it will get worse.

It’s not just vehicles.
    Anything with electronic components can be affected.

The supply chain for a car is huge. Each and every supplier on down the line has to secure manufacturing for their components.

If even one supplier hits a snag, the whole operation grinds to a halt.

From my own POV, we provide audio components for a major carmaker.
    If we can’t get chips, they can’t make cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Old news. I’ve been offered near original sticker MSRP from my local Ford dealer for my ‘17 F150 KR simply because there were zero new or used F150s on his lot that day.
    I don't use my truck enough to really justify owning it. Low mileage, perfect condition...I wonder if it's time to get it fully detailed and see what I can get for it.

Hmmm...

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I don't use my truck enough to really justify owning it. Low mileage, perfect condition...I wonder if it's time to get it fully detailed and see what I can get for it.

Hmmm...

NADA and KBB are your friend. Part of the attractiveness for mine is that it can be run through the Ford CPO program, commanding a higher dealer resale price.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    You don't know much about silicon dude, before COVID 19 there was already a silicon shortage. "it's just sand" you say. No, it's a very special quality of sand that we don't have unlimited quantities of.

Quantify that with the fact there are not enough foundries in the world producing chips as it was with everyone who has an Iphone and you start seeing the problem. It costs 10 Bn in capital to build a new one AND it takes 5 years + to build them.

This was going to happen if COVID happened or not.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...AND it takes 5 years + to build them.
    IIRC, there's 1 fab under construction (TSMC) and 2 more planned (Intel) inside the continental U.S. None of them will be producing usable product for at least 2 years (if TSMC really pushes their timetables) and more likely 5 (but only if Intel actually gets off their butt and starts building).

This is a problem that's only going to get worse for quite a while before it gets better.

Top Bottom