• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    That information came straight from my buddy who works for a Class 3 SOT in Mississippi. That is exactly what he was told by the ATF agent during their latest inspection. A regular ffl license is no big deal but once you start talking SOT status they want business licenses, insurance, the whole gamut. With a quick google search you can find multipke stories citing the same thing.

Gun stores and their employees are the single worst source of information for gun info. No offense, but your "buddy" does not know jack shit about FFL/SOT process, and no ATF/IOI would ever tell him that since it is not true. An SOT requires nothing but writing a $500 check.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Odds are what your friend is talking about is a city issue. Some cities won't let you run an FFL or a business from a residence.

Jbi armory is going through this right now. After 10+ years of running his business out of his garage the city changed the regs and told to either move his business out or shut it down.

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Odds are what your friend is talking about is a city issue. Some cities won't let you run an FFL or a business from a residence.

Jbi armory is going through this right now. After 10+ years of running his business out of his garage the city changed the regs and told to either move his business out or shut it down.

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

Yup, it is zoning, neighborhood nazis, or City Ordinances that mostly bite you in the ass.... :(

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    Biglucky is right. I was a dealer a while back and wanted to be a class 3 dealer so all I had to do was send in a check with application for SOT and got it. No problem working out of my home except I had to post "regular hours" so ATF could schedule compliance inspections.

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    As an 07/SOT don't you have to pay ITAR every year as well? I've thought about going to 07/SOT just to be able to R&D a few designs I have for suppressors.

Top Bottom