• ...and so much more!
  • ATN2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Texas
    B
    Ok - I wanna go on record here.

As peachy as all this is, there should be no need for any of it.

The Second Amendment does not GIVE us the RIGHT to "keep and bear arms".

Our right comes from the same source that gives us breath, and life, and the right to self defend. A natural right, a human right, call it God given if you want.

The Second Amendment says only the Government shall not infringe on our natural right to keep and bear arms.

Unlike other codified Rights - it really doesn't matter if the Second Amendment is ever nuked or not - because it "gives" us nothing we don't already have - and the Government has been infringing for generations.

You wanna celebrate concealed carry laws? Go ahead. Keep reinforcing the idea that this was a "given" right via the Second Amendment. Just remember that anything "given" can be taken away. And it is, slowly, law by law... allowing you to do what you never needed permission to do in the first place. Like breathe.

/rant ~ And yeah. I know. But it still bows my neck. ~

View attachment 403397
    But it has been handed over to morons already. We will soon have to be willing to take up those arms to defend our rights.
    Venture Surplus ad

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    B

But it has been handed over to morons already. We will soon have to be willing to take up those arms to defend our rights.

Will we? How do you see that playing out?

Armed mob of patriots demanding (where? to whom?) that the gov follow it's own laws?
    I dont think so.

On an individual basis maybe?
    As they show up en masse, pre-dawn, to collect what they've deemed illegal?
    Good luck with that.

I have no answers. If you do - please share.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Like some, I see it coming. Civil War 2.o. Just a question of when and what will set it off.
    What form it will take? That's a good question. I don't know.
    What I do know,,,,,just like the last one, it will put family against family, friend against friend. And it will be a bloody mess nobody will really win. Given todays geopolitical landscape, we may all lose everything.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Like some, I see it coming. Civil War 2.o. Just a question of when and what will set it off.
    What form it will take? That's a good question. I don't know.
    What I do know,,,,,just like the last one, it will put family against family, friend against friend. And it will be a bloody mess nobody will really win. Given todays geopolitical landscape, we may all lose everything.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Think Northern Ireland.....

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Ok - I wanna go on record here.

As peachy as all this is, there should be no need for any of it.

The Second Amendment does not GIVE us the RIGHT to "keep and bear arms".

Our right comes from the same source that gives us breath, and life, and the right to self defend. A natural right, a human right, call it God given if you want.

The Second Amendment says only the Government shall not infringe on our natural right to keep and bear arms.

Unlike other codified Rights - it really doesn't matter if the Second Amendment is ever nuked or not - because it "gives" us nothing we don't already have - and the Government has been infringing for generations.

You wanna celebrate concealed carry laws? Go ahead. Keep reinforcing the idea that this was a "given" right via the Second Amendment. Just remember that anything "given" can be taken away. And it is, slowly, law by law... allowing you to do what you never needed permission to do in the first place. Like breathe.

/rant ~ And yeah. I know. But it still bows my neck. ~

View attachment 403397

I need to modify my rant. In it, I said:

"Unlike other codified Rights - it really doesn't matter if the Second Amendment is ever nuked or not - because it "gives" us nothing we don't already have - and the Government has been infringing for generations."

It actually does matter that the Second Amendment stays in place. It's not the source of our right to bear arms - but it IS the weapon for the actions against the govt as they continuously infringe.

Like in this thread: https://texasguntalk.com/threads/new-pro-2a-laws-going-into-effect-fri-sep-1st-in-texas.120613/

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

Our Nation was born with “Constitutional Carry”, and lived that way for around 150 years !

Meanwhile, there is/was this:

IMG_0117.png

Top Bottom