• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    When the NRA national meeting which I attended was being held in Louisville, Ky Ron Paul was in town to speak to his supporters at a location down town. While John McCain was a speaker at that NRA meeting Ron Paul was not, I don't know why or who made that call. Now I see my Representative in the 14th district is not endorsed by the NRA National Rifle Association | Political Victory Fund. As a life member I will be sending an E-Mail asking this question.
    Target Sports

cog41

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Texas
    When the NRA national meeting which I attended was being held in Louisville, Ky Ron Paul was in town to speak to his supporters at a location down town. While John McCain was a speaker at that NRA meeting Ron Paul was not, I don't know why or who made that call. Now I see my Representative in the 14th district is not endorsed by the NRA National Rifle Association | Political Victory Fund. As a life member I will be sending an E-Mail asking this question.

Has the NRA responded?
    Always thought Ron Paul was pro 2nd Amendment.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    These guys don't have time to speak at every event that comes up. Maybe Mr Paul was busy or just tired and didn't want to speak at one more event at the time. Doesn't mean anything.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    From his website:
    Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record:

rp3.jpg
    He has never voted to raise taxes.
    He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
    He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
    He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
    He has never taken a government-paid junket.
    He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
    He voted against regulating the Internet.
    He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
    He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    From Wikipedia:
    Paul supports constitutional rights, such as the right to keep and bear arms, and habeas corpus for political detainees. He opposes the Patriot Act, federal use of torture, presidential autonomy, a national ID card, domestic surveillance, and the draft. Citing the Ninth and Tenth Amendments, Paul advocates states' rights to decide how to regulate social matters not directly found in the Constitution. Paul calls himself "strongly pro-life",[150] "an unshakable foe of abortion",[151] and believes regulation or ban[152] on medical decisions about maternal or fetal health is "best handled at the state level".[153][154] He says his years as an obstetrician led him to believe life begins at conception;[155] his pro-life legislation, like the Sanctity of Life Act, is intended to negate Roe v. Wade and to get "the federal government completely out of the business of regulating state matters."[156] Paul also believes that the federal government has no constitutional authority to interfere in the religious affairs of its citizens or of the several states: "In case after case, the Supreme Court has used the infamous 'separation of church and state' metaphor to uphold court decisions that allow the federal government to intrude upon and deprive citizens of their religious liberty

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Not sure what the NRAs problem is except that they are VERY pro Repulican, and typically not 3rd party supporters. Ron Paul is big into supporting 3rd party candidates.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Not sure what the NRAs problem is except that they are VERY pro Repulican, and typically not 3rd party supporters. Ron Paul is big into supporting 3rd party candidates.

Ron Paul himself ran for President in the past as a Libertarian but he is now in the Republican Party, so I'm not sure what the deal is...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've noticed too that some groups and organizations that I'd assume would like Ron Paul hardly ever give him any recognition or just ignore him completely. I think it has to do with he fact that he doesn't really play in the "good ole boy" system, and unfortunately our political system is deeply mired in cronyism.

Top Bottom