• ...and so much more!
  • AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    The NRA Has a Secret Weapon to Fight Gun Control: A Powerful App
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...et-weapon-to-fight-gun-control-a-powerful-app

The app is so effective at connecting the NRA’s members with lawmakers, even Democrats are jealous.
    By Joshua Green March 1, 2018, 2:27 PM CST Corrected March 1, 2018, 4:01 PM CST

As lawmakers return to Washington this week under pressure to act on guns, the NRA is directing members’ activism at the audience that matters most: Congress. Republican congressional leaders have had little to say; the NRA hasn’t sponsored marches or rallies. But in mid-February the mobile app of the NRA’s Institute of Legislative Action urged users to send pre-written tweets that automatically route to their individual members of Congress, telling them to “Protect our constitutional right to self-defense; Defend the #2A! #DefendTheSecond.”

A few days later, the NRA app, drawing on users’ personal data, offered to connect them to their legislators so they could “Ask Your Lawmakers to Oppose New Gun Control.” Members of Congress were quickly besieged with a coordinated message that cut against the #NeverAgain movement dominating newspapers and cable television. And after President Trump’s comments in favor of gun control at a bipartisan White House meeting yesterday, the White House switchboard number, posted within the app, was also likely besieged.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    I've been a life member for probably 25+ years, working in the tech industry, and I've never heard of this secret app. Security is pretty good. Must be widely used.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    So Joshua Green seems to think that only liberals have the right to express their opinions?
    Show me were he said that.

"He did say this: "As the push for gun control gains public momentum, the NRA’s ability to mobilize its members is more important than ever. The same is true of other advocacy groups on both sides of the aisle."

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    just wondering why the NRA does not organize marches i am sure more than 10 will show up unlike the anti's where the news has to zoom way in so it looks like alot of people ;)

Show me were he said that.

"He did say this: "As the push for gun control gains public momentum, the NRA’s ability to mobilize its members is more important than ever. The same is true of other advocacy groups on both sides of the aisle."

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    just wondering why the NRA does not organize marches i am sure more than 10 will show up unlike the anti's where the news has to zoom way in so it looks like alot of people ;)

Cause we generally have jobs, so randomly showing up at a March means lost revenue. We don’t rely on the tax payers to foot our bills.

Marches are generally stupid. A trillion letters, emails, faxes and phone calls are more effective.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    thing is if its organized its not random. Most people who work have vacation or sick days. God forbid your gun rights outweigh going to Disneyland

Cause we generally have jobs, so randomly showing up at a March means lost revenue. We don’t rely on the tax payers to foot our bills.

Marches are generally stupid. A trillion letters, emails, faxes and phone calls are more effective.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    thing is if its organized its not random. Most people who work have vacation or sick days. God forbid your gun rights outweigh going to Disneyland

March a you want, if it makes you feel better. I’ll stick to communicating with my reps, donating $$ to candidates I support, and voting. Between the 2 of us we have all the bases covered.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    To bad it is impossible to do all 3 things.

March a you want, if it makes you feel better. I’ll stick to communicating with my reps, donating $$ to candidates I support, and voting. Between the 2 of us we have all the bases covered.

Top Bottom