• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

The lesson for us, and for posterity is that no person shuld ever be enshrined int any fortified organizational position except JESUS.

Little Wayne certainly is no “Jesus”.

The lesson is there in the records: “We the NRA” should have listened to old Neal Knox.

The NRA “Nominating Committee” is a diabolical device, cementing Wayne in-place, no matter his ongoing damages to the organization and to our Republic. Waynes Lawyer must have been Machiavelli himself, of the Satan, Beezelbub, & Diablo Law Firm.

Our only remaining weapon is “DE-FUNDING” until collapse, then re-build sans “Nominating Committee”.

Sic transit. . . . . .

<>

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From the AmmoLand blog an open call call for candidates for NRA Board.
    NRA-Leadership-Board-of-Directors-600x304.jpg

Is it possible that the NRA will no longer exist by this time next year?

The New York Attorney General’s lawsuit is expected to go to trial in January of 2024 and last about a month. Possible outcomes include complete dissolution of the Association and sale of its assets and criminal prosecutions. More likely scenarios lean toward some form of ground-up restructuring, such as receivership, which would place the Association under the control of a court-appointed overseer.

So, as the Titanic prepares to set sail, want to join the crew? The 2024 election of Directors might be moot. Then again, it might be an important turning point.

The NRA needs Directors who are willing to ask tough questions, challenge the status quo, and stand up for the membership. We need Directors with integrity and conviction, not Yes-men and sycophants. We need Directors who understand business and finance, as well as understand and unflinchingly support the core principles of the Second Amendment right to arms.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    In this topic and elsewhere on TGT forum there have been comments that asked as this writer from Red State;
    Is the NRA Still Relevant?

"... the real lobbying arm of the firearms industry isn't the NRA, rather it's the National Shooting Sports Foundation which serves as the official firearm industry trade organization. Additionally, there are dozens, if not hundreds, of other gun rights groups around the country that also fight for the Second Amendment. That's where the glowing spotlight on the NRA ends. For, if you really cared about the Second Amendment, you'd want nothing to do with the NRA."

Does he have point and effective argument? I will continue to support NRA with membership along with Texas State Rifle Association and several other 2A advocate groups. Membership numbers make a difference with elected officials even if the group is not effective right now. p.s. 'Moses/Ben Hur/' looked pretty good at the NRA Convention in Dallas, TX in 1990s holding up that rifle.

Attachments

• 77132765-c95b-4fd9-ba0c-0b5802508b8c-1052x615.jpg
      77132765-c95b-4fd9-ba0c-0b5802508b8c-1052x615.jpg
      50.4 KB · Views: 32

larcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2023
    Orange
    Serious question here:

With so many ranges requiring NRA membership, what's the best tactic for them to accept GOA or whatever membership instead?

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Serious question here:

With so many ranges requiring NRA membership, what's the best tactic for them to accept GOA or whatever membership instead?
    Not so with Dallas Pistol Club in Carrollton, TX. NRA membership is encouraged but not required. As a private club non-members are always welcome to shoot in any scheduled matches.

If a private gun club requires NRA membership sounds like a Board of Directors, etc would have to change the rules.

Attachments

• Dallas-Pistol-Club-1830-W-Beltline-Rd-Carrollton-TX-75006.jpg
      Dallas-Pistol-Club-1830-W-Beltline-Rd-Carrollton-TX-75006.jpg
      85.5 KB · Views: 28

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Serious question here:

I’ve yet been required to have anything to do with the NRA and I’ve held memberships at multiple ranges in multiple states and competed in several different shooting sports.

larcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2023
    Orange
    I’ve yet been required to have anything to do with the NRA and I’ve held memberships at multiple ranges in multiple states and competed in several different shooting sports.
    One range down here in SETX requires, the other maybe does (membership number was asked for in applicstion.)

In Indiana where we lived before, both ranges within 30 mins both had it as a strict req. The shotgun only we were members of didn't.

I don't think it's neccessarily a norm, but it's not uncommon.

Article that touches on some of it with hard numbers. (Not posting as something I do/don't agree with, just has more info.)

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    In the past, Temple Gun Club required NRA membership. It no longer does since Waynes bullshit really started to come out. But it does encourage membership in State and national organizations.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    This will definitely hurt the youth shooting group movement. Eventually we will adapt but NRA has been very instrumental in their support for the youth market and this would take a huge toll in morale.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    In the past, Temple Gun Club required NRA membership. It no longer does since Waynes bullshit really started to come out. But it does encourage membership in State and national organizations.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    I am more convinced Wayne needs to leave for the good of the organization and gun owners.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Serious question here:

Most ranges I go to accept organizations such as TSRA, ATA, NSCA, NSSA and if you are a youngster they do accept the 4H, SCTP, and SASP. But then again these are mostly shotgun ranges.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom