ARJ Defense ad

The only Kimber I would ever want to have.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    YES
    7etbq0.jpg

But I've shot a kimber at least kind of like that. I only remember not liking the slide serrations and thinking the grips weren't as aggressive as i like

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I've only shot the micro 380. It was a relatives. Wasn't reliable until after about 500 rounds. I would never rely on one. My sample size it 2 so tale it for what it's worth.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    The only thing I like about Kimber are the variations available.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I've had my Ultra Carry CDP II since 2008. It had a few FTF during the initial trip to the range, but has been 100% reliable after the first cleaning and lube.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

My UCDP was bought new, ordered, from R&M in 2005.

It didn’t perform anything like a Colt. Numerous FTF & FTL’s.

Took it to a knowledgeable 1911 Smith and had a tune-up. The Smith tolld me that he had to replace several internal castings with FORGED parts, which should have been forgings to begin-with.

He also polished internals, it is now reliable.

Would I ever buy another Kimber? Hell NO !

Today it sits with GALCO shoulder & IWB rigs, multiple stainless Kimber magazines, etc. in the safe.

I carry it occasionally when hunting with a rifle.

My EDC is either a GLOCK or a Taurus PT-145 Millennium Pro .45ACP which has never failed.

leVieux

Poohgyrr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2019
    South Central Texas
    An old friend has one of those SIS models and likes it a lot, says it shoots well for him.

When Kimber left their old rifle building plant in Oregon, and began making 1911s on brand new equipment, in the old Desert Eagle plant in Yonkers, they were active in one of the forums. A gal from customer service, and someone from production, would answer questions. Pretty regular.

The old Oregon Kimber rifles had a great reputation. But they began having problems making pistols in this brand new shop in Yonkers. The employee from production was part of the old crew from Oregon, and didn’t say much. But he indicated the new hiring base was a lot different from the old one.

I did buy one of the original 5” CC models, when they cost $550. It ran really well for me without problems. I’ve heard good and bad about them. FWIW

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    When I went to Front Sight many years ago, the instructors called Kimbers "jammamatics" because of so many problems with them. I would never have one for daily carry. I just would like to have the SIS for fun.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Had a Kimber a number of years back, never any problems with it, just traded up to a S&W Performance Center. A couple of friends had one each, jammed on me the same day, one so bad it had to go to the shop.

Ingramite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Hill Country
    I've owned two "RCP" 3" 1911s and both ran well.
    The Refined Carry Pistol had trench sights like the Colt New Agent 1911. Quirky but made a nice pocket pistol.

I also tried to like a K6S revolver. I must have got the only bad one they ever made. Most reviews are positive so it was probably a one off.

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    I have a plain Jane Custom II. Had to dimple the slide stop, file the sight down and installed a Colt sear spring, Boosted the hammer a bit to smooth it up. Good shooter now. 10 time better than my Citadel pistol. Citadel same mfg as Rock Island, in case you didn't know. Cheaper is usually cheaper, if you know what I mean.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've owned two "RCP" 3" 1911s and both ran well.
    The Refined Carry Pistol had trench sights like the Colt New Agent 1911. Quirky but made a nice pocket pistol.

I also tried to like a K6S revolver. I must have got the only bad one they ever made. Most reviews are positive so it was probably a one off.
    <>

”Most reviews are positive”

or,

Most reviews were paid-for. . . . . . ?

Check those on the new Ruger light .308 AR carbine. Absolutely contradictory.

Can’t trust internet posts. . . . .

leVieux

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom