• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    Check this Newsmax story: Please Don't Bring Your Guns To Eat With You, Says Chipotle

I am as strong a gun rights supporter as anyone. I'm a member of several organizations. I have a CHL and carry everywhere it is legal, and I avoid places where it is not, as much as possible (can't miss grandchildren's school events, so there I only carry a knife, pepper spray, and a flashlight). I do not, however, support flaunting gun technicalities that allow open carry of certain firearms in public places. These arrogant and ignorant people who want to show the world that it is legal to bring their AR's to Starbucks and Chipotle are just hurting us all.

If you make people nervous, they're going to support legislation that makes them less nervous, and that will almost certainly result in erosion of the rights we have now. Want to see some New York or New Jersey kind of laws here? Well, just keep scaring people, and that's what we'll have. Texas is already dominated by liberal mayors in the major cities (Houston's mayor Parker makes me want to throw up whenever she parades her fat lesbian a$$ on TV). With the uncontrolled incoming waves of illegals just waiting for amnesty, our state could flip in just a couple elections. Give the neutral citizens a reason, and they'll vote for gun control...and that's what you're doing when you needlessly carry AR's or AK's or any long guns for that matter--always called Assault Rifles by the press--into restaurants, coffee shops, and other places frequented by the scared general public.

That's my opinion. Let the flames begin!
    Lynx Defense

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    such bullshit. Like I said in the other thread, I ate at Chipotle last night. There were no "no guns" signs and no one bothered to tell me to conceal my revolver or leave.

I'm not one to carry long guns (outside of hunting), but I think their no guns stance will not apply to handguns, open or concealed. That is why I say bullshit.

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    This was a store in Texas. Open carry of handguns is not legal here, so a revolver on your hip would get you arrested in Texas, unless it is hidden under a shirt or jacket AND you have a Texas Concealed Handgun License or a CCW permit from a state with reciprocity with Texas (like Virginia). I've not been to a Chipotle since I read the story. May be that just the one store posted a no-guns sign, and even at that, I don't know if it is a legal 3006 sign or one of the bogus line-thru no-gun signs that have no legal status in Texas (but still could be expensive to defend).

The only good no-gun sign I've seen was at a Bowlmor (formerly "300") bowling alley in Houston. I don't have the exact wording, but it was something like "No firearms permitted, except licensed concealed handguns".

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    I wish the activists would quit forcing private businesses into this. The target is the media, Law Enforcement, and the politicians. Concentrate on that, not creating friction where there's no need for it.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Open carrying into businesses is quickly becoming a failed experiment. If you're gonna OC to change people's feelings about guns, carrying in public seems to be a much better idea. It also helps if you are honestly carrying the weapon rather than publicly fondling it.

nlghthawk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    San Antonio
    OP, I disagree with your position. As a community we can have differing opinions about execution, but should respect the intent of the people who did it to protest. There are too many exceptions to the 2ND Amendment to try to make "common sense" controls on your freedoms the norm.

The constitution protects individual liberty not the liberty of the majority. So disagree with them as individuals and to the community but support their decision to draw attention to the problem that we have allowed too much erosion of our rights already.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Let me see if I got this right. Out of fear that we may lose our gun rights we shouldn't exercise our gun rights?

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    This was a store in Texas. Open carry of handguns is not legal here, so a revolver on your hip would get you arrested in Texas, unless it is hidden under a shirt or jacket AND you have a Texas Concealed Handgun License or a CCW permit from a state with reciprocity with Texas (like Virginia). I've not been to a Chipotle since I read the story. May be that just the one store posted a no-guns sign, and even at that, I don't know if it is a legal 3006 sign or one of the bogus line-thru no-gun signs that have no legal status in Texas (but still could be expensive to defend).

The only good no-gun sign I've seen was at a Bowlmor (formerly "300") bowling alley in Houston. I don't have the exact wording, but it was something like "No firearms permitted, except licensed concealed handguns".

sweet Jesus. If Chipotle bans guns in their stores, that means VA, too; not just Texas where the incident took place.

That's like saying Starbucks banned guns, but I don't live in WA so it doesn't matter here

BTW, I've lived and carried in Texas. I know the rules. Thanks

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Open carrying into businesses is quickly becoming a failed experiment. If you're gonna OC to change people's feelings about guns, carrying in public seems to be a much better idea. It also helps if you are honestly carrying the weapon rather than publicly fondling it.

I don't open carry [handguns] to change people's opinions. I do it because sometimes it's my preferred way to carry. Open carrying of long guns (in public) serves no real purpose from a defense standpoint. But, if people want to do it, I can't stop them. I wish people would have more common sense about it though.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Can someone clarify if they banned open carry in chipotle or if they banned all guns? Concealed = not scary. No1 knows because it's concealed. I could see some people not comfortable with open carry because they're worried about safety- I'm just not scared unless they look shady or like a crook.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Can someone clarify if they banned open carry in chipotle or if they banned all guns? Concealed = not scary. No1 knows because it's concealed. I could see some people not comfortable with open carry because they're worried about safety- I'm just not scared unless they look shady or like a crook.

According to my trip to Chipotle yesterday, nada

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston

Here is the deal as I understand it. Concealed carry. Chipotle has wisely NOT posted a 30-06 sign at every entrance of every restaurant and therefore it's lawful to carry a CHL there. This was not an oversight on their part. This was a very smart move.

Open carry. Most Chipotle restaurants sell ALCOHOL and it's illegal to open carry weapons where alcohol is served.

Chipotle has additionally told its customers not to carry guns in the restaurant. If you are found with a gun in the restaurant and refuse to leave after a Chipotle employee directs you to then you can be charged with trespass when the police arrive.

S

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Here is the deal as I understand it. Concealed carry. Chipotle has wisely NOT posted a 30-06 sign at every entrance of every restaurant and therefore it's lawful to carry a CHL there. This was not an oversight on their part. This was a very smart move.

Open carry. Most Chipotle restaurants sell ALCOHOL and it's illegal to open carry weapons where alcohol is served.

Chipotle has additionally told its customers not to carry guns in the restaurant. If you are found with a gun in the restaurant and refuse to leave after a Chipotle employee directs you to then you can be charged with trespass when the police arrive.

S

Exactly. I had a gun that was clearly visible and no one asked me to leave. That's why I said nada

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Exactly. I had a gun that was clearly visible and no one asked me to leave. That's why I said nada

Just to be clear. If you are a civilian and you are carrying a weapon like a shotgun or a rifle in a place that serves alcohol you are in violation of TABC regs and are committing a FELONY. That's 10 years and $10,000.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400788419.755824.jpg

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Just to be clear. If you are a civilian and you are carrying a weapon like a shotgun or a rifle in a place that serves alcohol you are in violation of TABC regs and are committing a FELONY. That's 10 years and $10,000.

View attachment 28362

handgun, in Virginia.

My point was if Chipotle, a national chain, was banning guns, I would have seen a sign on the door or someone should have said something. Neither happened. That's why I call bullshit on this. I say they're saying this as a publicity move to appease the antis, but won't actually follow through with it

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    handgun, in Virginia.

My point was if Chipotle, a national chain, was banning guns, I would have seen a sign on the door or someone should have said something. Neither happened. That's why I call bullshit on this. I say they're saying this as a publicity move to appease the antis, but won't actually follow through with it

Good deal. Sounds like you live in a free state! That's awesome.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I don't open carry [handguns] to change people's opinions. I do it because sometimes it's my preferred way to carry. Open carrying of long guns (in public) serves no real purpose from a defense standpoint. But, if people want to do it, I can't stop them. I wish people would have more common sense about it though.

I should have clarified I was talking about long guns.

Top Bottom