• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Biggest issue is available carbs there. I love me some eggs with chopped veggies, but unless I want to chug a few bananas (I find a single banana is incredible filling) it gets sort of hard. I dunno, if I don't have those sugars afterwards I feel really drained. Same after bike riding. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Not sure if you like them or not but, next time you have breakfast, have a whole avocado or half of one. Avocados are a good quality source of GOOD dietary fat. This will take care of the satiety issues and you'll have more energy. Sugars and complex carbs are short term, and you'll tend to crash afterwords, which is why so many people get hooked on sodas, coffee, etc and increasingly need more and more.

This is the problem and fallacy with sooooooooo many "modern" diets. There is a completely illogical myth out there that dietary fat = body fat, which is not based in any peer reviewed science. The human brain is primarily fat and runs on cholesterol. All this "low fat", "low cholesterol" crap does nothing except make people feel worse, their brains work less efficiently, and they have less energy. On the extreme side of things, some people's cholesterol levels have dropped so much that they've died from it. Good dietary fats that are healthy can be found in avocados, nuts, tropical oils like coconut oil (take 3-5 tablespoons a day as a good fat supplement if your diet is lacking in good fats), and olive oil. If any of you have done the whole "low fat" thing, you'll be amazed at how much better and how much more satisfied you feel adding a decent amount of good quality saturated fats to your diet.

Ariel, bet you didn't think you'd see a discussion on nutritional recommendations on a gun forum! Ha! ;-) j/k lol

ArielT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Not sure if you like them or not but, next time you have breakfast, have a whole avocado or half of one. Avocados are a good quality source of GOOD dietary fat. This will take care of the satiety issues and you'll have more energy. Sugars and complex carbs are short term, and you'll tend to crash afterwords, which is why so many people get hooked on sodas, coffee, etc and increasingly need more and more.
    So, maybe I didn't express myself clearly. I was mostly referring to post-workout, where the body is really hungry for short term energy, at least as far as my understanding of physiology extends.

Otherwise I quite agree with you. And I love avocados, they're just kind of expensive right now. I also use coconut oil for cooking, olive oil for salad / cold stuff.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom