• ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Okay. But this is not exactly saying "custom" to me:

The title of this thread isn't "The Perfect Custom 1911 Pistol"... "Custom" doesn't always mean better, and the aesthetics on that custom pistol are not to my liking (your opinion may vary). Too many bells and whistles. If you've got a classic '63 split-window Stingray, you don't put ground effects and a wing spoiler and a fake hood scoop on it to make it "perfect". Same deal here.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    The title of this thread isn't "The Perfect Custom 1911 Pistol"... "Custom" doesn't always mean better, and the aesthetics on that custom pistol are not to my liking (your opinion may vary). Too many bells and whistles. If you've got a classic '63 split-window Stingray, you don't put ground effects and a wing spoiler and a fake hood scoop on it to make it "perfect". Same deal here.

You're quite right. You pass up the 'Ray, and buy this in the first place:

1614614787509.png

As mentioned earlier, "perfect" is in the eye of the beholder. For me that means custom, for others it means classic.

This is a perfectly serviceable classic that will get you there every time:
    1614614997743.png

This is custom:
    1614615072975.png

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    You're quite right. You pass up the 'Ray, and buy this in the first place:

View attachment 246491

A poor comparison - you wouldn't post that Italian thing (is that a current Lambo? I don't keep up and haven't watched Top Gear in a few years) in a "Perfect Corvette" thread. It's not even based on a Vette. In fact none of your examples are. Which I suppose explains why you'd post that 2011 race gun in a "Perfect 1911" thread...

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    This was the body of the 1st post. Seems to indicate custom in the "or have built part".

The "perfect" 1911 could or can mean different things to different people. Could be a totally stock WW2 era 1911 to one person, or a fully custom built competition target 1911 to another person.

There is no right or wrong answer to the question in any way. Just wanting to see what other like in 1911's.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    A poor comparison - you wouldn't post that Italian thing (is that a current Lambo? I don't keep up and haven't watched Top Gear in a few years) in a "Perfect Corvette" thread. It's not even based on a Vette. In fact none of your examples are. Which I suppose explains why you'd post that 2011 race gun in a "Perfect 1911" thread...

Whatever. I had a long post but arguing over this is just ridiculous, so I deleted it.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    My old partner in Corpus Christi had a very rich wife. Two ocean racing sailboats at he Yacht Club, 3-story home on Ocean Drive, He liked European sports cars So she kept buying him another. He had a 6-cyl e-Jag roadster, a 12 cyl v12 "2+2", and a recent Corvette. He drove the 'Vette b/c the Jags wouldn't ever run; always waiting for parts from England.

I knew two Orthopedic Surgeon Brothers who loved Italian sports cars. They always bought three at the same time, identical. They each drove one, the other was kept garaged & jacked-up for parts. . . . .

I just bought a Corvette, it ALWAYS RAN. Then I switched to Jeeps, and they always ran, too. . . . .

Lessons from life !

leVieux

Last edited:

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Don't know if this is perfect, but it's pretty good. Older mint series 70 with a nice set of double diamond stocks (originals are in my stash box). I replaced the collet bushing too, with a solid one. Unless it's a match, this will do whatever I need done with a .45. And it's a Colt.
    Bob

cgVjDs2.jpg

Greywarrant

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    Round Rock
    Don't know if this is perfect, but it's pretty good. Older mint series 70 with a nice set of double diamond stocks (originals are in my stash box). I replaced the collet bushing too, with a solid one. Unless it's a match, this will do whatever I need done with a .45. And it's a Colt.
    Bob

cgVjDs2.jpg
    OMG!! Who made the grips? Is it Bastogne Walnut? Beautiful!

Top Bottom