• ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    My picks today are much different than they would have been two years ago. Current fleet:

2011 Camry 2.5 4-cyl, 211k on the clock
    2014 f150 5.0 screw, 102k
    2019 CX-9 2.5T 4-cyl, 27k

Given the current events going on, I’d err on the practical side. I’ve already got 4 motorcycles that can scratch the fun itch

Here goes:

Ranger, S10//Sonoma ’93ish and up so I get the FI and modern A/C. Prefer stick shift and manual windows/locks, rubber floor. Cruise is nice but not necessary. Engine doesn’t matter. I’m after low load height for the bikes and truckey stuff. Any cab/bed combo works. 2wd is all I need with limited slip diff.

Early oughts Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban with the 5.3 Liter. Had an ‘03 Tahoe I bought new once upon a time. For towing and heavy loads, I already have a trailer for anything the small pickup can’t do. Bullet proof without the troublesome DOD/AFM crap and a decent road vehicle. The Slade would work too with the 6.0, but I always think drug dealer when I see them, so I’d need to think on that one.

Camry with the 2.5 4 cyl in the XLE guise. 30ish mpg on the Hwy and peppy enough in town. Would need to be a model prior to the stop start nonsense, lane departure and huge infotainment screen. Our 2011 would be perfect if it weren’t the SE package. The tighter suspension and 55 series tires make road trips a little tiring especially on chip seal roads. Damn those are loud.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Wife has 2018 Chrysler Pacifica (4 kids 11 and under). I don’t care for it but she likes it. It’s nice, it’s just small and a minivan.

My daily is 2008 Expedition EL with the 5.4 V8. Wanted 15-17 Expedition EL but covid prices made that not happen.

Also have 06 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (long wheelbase 2dr) with the 4.0.

And a 95 Wrangler in the garage with 4.0. Would like to make it a dedicated rock crawler but not time.

Would like another truck for occasional truck things but with four kids the Expedition will have to do.

Would like 1st or 2nd Gen Miata or 1st Gen Viper. Keep eyeing the Viper but at least one Jeep would have to go and I’m not ready to do that yet.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    My last car was a Lexus hybrid (HS250h). I get slightly better milage with my Civic now.

So you’re the one who bought an HS!

I was still at Lexus’ ad agency when that car launched. And as the product SME I couldn’t figure out what we were supposed to do with it LOL

It was priced like a mid-size near-lux sedan. Same drivetrain but only ~66% of the efficiency of a Prius.
    And no performance boost despite burning more fuel.

It just didn’t make sense and few were sold.

But they make EXCELLENT used cars, because no one knows what the heck they are so demand is soft.

At the end of the day it was a good car that just didn’t fit in the US market.

Mrs Pronstar had a 2010 Prius and loved it. We brought it with us when we moved…and it was cosmetically totaled in a hail storm not long after we got here.

So we replaced it with a Lexus CT Hybrid, same Prius drivetrain but it was down ~10 mph compared to her Prius. Drove a lot better and much nicer interior.

She loved this car and we made all of one payment before she got t-boned and it was totaled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    So you’re the one who bought an HS!

I was still at Lexus’ ad agency when that car launched. And as the product SME I couldn’t figure out what we were supposed to do with it LOL

It was priced like a mid-size near-lux sedan. Same drivetrain but only ~66% of the efficiency of a Prius.
    And no performance boost despite burning more fuel.

It just didn’t make sense and few were sold.

But they make EXCELLENT used cars, because no one knows what the heck they are so demand is soft.

At the end of the day it was a good car that just didn’t fit in the US market.

Mrs Pronstar had a 2010 Prius and loved it. We brought it with us when we moved…and it was cosmetically totaled in a hail storm not long after we got here.

So we replaced it with a Lexus CT Hybrid, same Prius drivetrain but it was down ~10 mph compared to her Prius. Drove a lot better and much nicer interior.

She loved this car and we made all of one payment before she got t-boned and it was totaled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I think they only made them for 2 years and they weren't great sellers. The milage was ok, but not great. 36mpg. I bought it used for a good price. It wasn't what I would call a luxury car. I had a 2000 Lexus RX-300 I bought Mrs. No2Gates for her birthday brand new. That was a luxury vehicle.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    2016 RAV4 at 47,000 miles
    2009 Pontiac Vibe 90,000 miles
    2003 Ford Ranger 147,000 miles.

Would like a full size truck again. Had 97 F-150 but it didn’t hold up. At todays prices, I don’t think that’s going to happen. Would like to tow a camper too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I’m cool with keeping my diesel 4 banger truck.

I’d like to add a restored 78 f150 with a canopy in memory of all the fun times I had with my dad.

I don’t know what my third would be...

Top Bottom