APOD Firearms

The personal drone that follows and videos you.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    No. Let's be serious, here. Governments don't **** up everything they do. They f up a lot of stuff and they're always inefficient, I'll grant. I'd be happy to see private industry make this work. But private industry manages to screw stuff up just as much as the government does; they just go out of business when they do and we forget about them.
    Government is like the kid that starts pounding the square peg into the round hole, someone points out that's the wrong peg, and the kid just says "Too late; already started. Just need to pound it harder and you have to help!" When it screws up, it just forces everyone to use the screwed up system and we're stuck with broken toys. As you point out, when private industry screws up there is a short amount of pain and then they go out of business.

I knew betamax was a bad example because of the prolonged fight. I had originally put HD-DVD, but I don't think anyone remembers it anymore even though that was just a few years ago :laughing: Issues like this get worked out faster these days.
    Target Sports

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Issues like this get worked out faster these days.
    That is an excellent point. We've long since left behind the days when we really did need the government to arbitrate (or be bribed to make, however you want to view it) the decision whether to provide AC or DC power to our houses, after all. I have my fingers crossed that the drone industry will work out all the traffic issues long before the government decides it needs to try.

As for short-lived tech, HD-DVD would have been fine. I would have also accepted SACD, DVD-Audio, and Flexplay/ez-D. :)

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    So what kind of camera do they use on it? I'm thinking a Go-Pro.

I'm sure it's not a GoPro - they'd have to pay licensing or markup to use it. Probably something similar.

Not to be outdone, meet Nixie, the wrist-wearable boomerang camera drone.

Don't doubt these things will be everywhere. I'd start trademarking things like Pixie, Tinkerbell (okay, so Disney owns that one), etc. :)

Top Bottom