• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I have found myself fully immersed in "Cynicism".

In the funniest of all places I have found that I refuse to buy products on Ebay from vendors/sellers located in East Coast states mostly in NY and NJ. If I find that they are in a bordering state that hasn't either screwed mr in the past or been in the news as an extreme Libatrd Elitist state of people I might let it go. Strange that I don't react the same towards Kommiefornika?

I have begun to find my personal "pitfalls" or negative thoughts and behavior after my return to Christ and Sunday church gatherings with good Christians. I had attended church with my parents as a child but after a nasty divorce and then moving we stopped going and we were pushed aside as our mother took interest in work and a new man. Until I met some new people that invited me to service I didn't realize how bad I had had gotten.

Not sure if I can let it go though. I have a hard time letting my hard earned money go to a state or person that allows these things that are destroying our country to continue on so easily. Especially with an ugly taste of arrogance. So much so I vocally rejoice when I learn of companies relocating (Magpul) or changing policy (Ruger) in Libtard states.

Meh, I refuse to grow up.

TX69

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I appreciate you being open about faith. Pastor talked about what you did last Sunday. Most of us think we arent that bad and we can always find someone worse to run down. So long as we are more good than bad we are fine. Then you fall flat on your face and find faith and realize how far you are from the "you" that you know you really are deep down when you dont give into sin.

There is kind of a wrong happiness watching people "get what they deserve" but thats because we seek justice and not mercy for those who we consider unjust. Thats on the spiritual side.

As far as politically, i dont rejoice either because lots of good people get caught up and hurt by corrupt politicians and corrupt political systems.

Last edited:

Stumpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Midland, TX
    Cynicism is a bad habit, and an awful chore to break. Be wary.
    Anyways, when we make ourselves out to be "not so bad" or "better than Hootis", then it reduces(in our mindset, of course) the true magnitude of the grace of Christ.
    For a good reminder of humility, see Romans 3 and Philippians 2.

From the desk of a literate squirrel named Leonard.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    A hefty dose of cynicism is not an unhealthy thing. Most people ARE motivated by greed. We are born that way. Watch any infant -- .

Me? I'm an unreformed skeptic.

Nature has conditioned us to question the motivations of others.

How we respond to those impulses is what separates civilized humans from animals.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Cynicism is a bad thing? How so?

I could never be an optimist. I hate being wrong too much to handle having that outlook on life.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Cynisim may be a valid place to start but if we give ourselves experiences and offer others mercy and not condemnation we will find that not ALL people are emotionally selfish as children...but i do admit that most are.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    one can't help being a master in the art of cynicism these days. i consider myself more of a "realist", and it tends to piss the ignorant off.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Cynisim may be a valid place to start but if we give ourselves experiences and offer others mercy and not condemnation we will find that not ALL people are emotionally selfish as children...but i do admit that most are.

Experience is what made turned me into a cynic from an optimist. Expect the worst from any situation and you can only be right, and if you're wrong, you get to feel good about being wrong. Expect the best from any situation and the opposite holds true.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I realize that things won't always, and rarely do, go my way. However, I make the most of the situation and do my best to shape my future.

Anyways, a person who has a shitty outlook 100% of the time because life's been so "hard" is a chore to be around.

Experience is what made turned me into a cynic from an optimist. Expect the worst from any situation and you can only be right, and if you're wrong, you get to feel good about being wrong. Expect the best from any situation and the opposite holds true.

You always seem like you have a million reasons to hate everyone and everything. There are so many people who have it way worse than you... and they don't even have the internet to bitch about it on. The horror lol. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
    silencers
    DK Firearms
    Tyrant Designs
    Every Day Man
    Shroud
    Weapon displays
    Ammo
    Defender Tactical