• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    +1 for the GSG 5. Picked one up recently and have had several sessions with it. It is a fun gun to shoot and so far no problems. Had some ftfs that were ammo related, but no problems with the gun. I put one of those cheapy NC Star red dots on it along with an adjustable stock. Really cool and nice n cheap to shoot.

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    That GSG takes plinking to a whole nother level. Beautiful!!!

Malladus

Thanks,

But in truth I use the fixed stock a lot when plinking. The slide stock wobbles a little to much for me. I get a little bored sometimes at the range and start trying to hit 300yrds with my rimfires lol So a fixed stock works a lot better than a slide. My next step maybe to install an HK stock with push pins or a side folder:confused:

Just and FYI: GSG is relseasing a GSG-5PK around October :cool: This is perfect for anyone looking for an easy SBR. Just send the paper work in and then order a stock once you get the stamp.

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Most of my .22 Rifles are 10/22s, and among them I have three that I consider "plinkers":

Stainless 10/22 Carbine receiver mated to a Butler Creek 16.5” ultra-light barrel, sitting in a Butler Creek folding stock. It has a Volquartsen hammer, Eagle extended mag release, and wears an Eagle “Zephyr” receiver sight set. This is my answer to my Remington Nylon 77s, almost as light, and more verstile with better sights and a folding stock.

1022FS-1.gif

Blued 10/22 Carbine receiver, with a Volquartsen hammer, and mated to a, C&S Metal Werkes Ltd, “Krinker Plinker” conversion kit. It has a 16” barrel with faux suppressor, an eagle extended mag release, adjustable receiver sights and folding stock. Its my “just for fun” gun.

1022KP.gif

Stainless 10/22 Carbine receiver, mated to a Butler Creek .920” featherweight barrel wearing a Volquartsen “stabilization module”, nestled in a Ruger Deluxe walnut stock. It has a Volquartsen hammer, Eagle extended mag release, and is topped with a Tasco 1x 30mm Accu-Dot sight on a Weaver TO-9S base. This was built light for the wimmen in my family.

1022LW.gif

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    Blued 10/22 Carbine receiver, with a Volquartsen hammer, and mated to a, C&S Metal Werkes Ltd, “Krinker Plinker” conversion kit. It has a 16” barrel with faux suppressor, an eagle extended mag release, adjustable receiver sights and folding stock. Its my “just for fun” gun.

1022KP.gif

Cool,

Here is my Krinker Plinker...yes I used a non bluded receiver :o It's got a Kidd Bolt, extractor, and buffer along with 3 TI25 mags. I don't use her much anymore since I got the GSG. It's a lot more fun and easier to clean plus it's lighter in the front than the Krinker.

DSC00732.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Gladewater, TX
    i am looking into getting a scoped 10/22 for more fun but my current plinking pistol is a 50's High Standard H-D Military.22lr. THis gun shoots very well and is still running great after all these years.
    100_0773.gif

cpf3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    The Hi Standard H-D Millitary is a great pistol. Almost had one (used) in 1968, but newly married 2LT's didn't get paid enough back then. Two years later, after I made CPT, I picked up a High Standard Super-Matic Citation Military that I used in a few matches. It still drives tacks.

Chuck

Top Bottom