• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    The Price of Owning a Handgun & CHL in the State of TX

$1300 Kimber ? Uhh y'all chose a high dollar jammomatic. Mext time go with a XD45 or some other main stream 45 that performs much better for half as much :rolleyes:
    That's harsh! Didn't you mean rust- o-matic? But seriously, folks, you buy a 3" Kimber to show your friends. You get a Glock to show the bad guys, or Smith M&P. Half the price, no rust, more bullets. The steel Kimbers are too heavy; the aluminum Kimbers can't be shot enough for you to get good. Everyone needs a 1911 for posterity, but you carry a modern hi cap polymer for defense.

Sent using Tapatalk...so please excuse the typos!

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA

Oh yes, you left out one important thing: prepaid legal defense coverage in case you actually use that handgun, or maybe even brandish that pistol. Without that coverage, if you ever pull the trigger, be prepared to spend $50-100 thousand, and that's if you're innocent of wrongdoing.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    That's harsh! Didn't you mean rust- o-matic? But seriously, folks, you buy a 3" Kimber to show your friends. You get a Glock to show the bad guys, or Smith M&P. Half the price, no rust, more bullets. The steel Kimbers are too heavy; the aluminum Kimbers can't be shot enough for you to get good. Everyone needs a 1911 for posterity, but you carry a modern hi cap polymer for defense.

My Kimber isy EDC. :)

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

There it is !!! lol

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    And worth every damn penny!

If you think that's expensive, wait until you get the bug to collect firearms. A few of us laugh at that total as being "expensive," as we look at our collection and the numbers really start adding up.

Seriously, I have a spreadsheet with all the guns I own on it along with their serial number and what I paid for them. And that doesn't even include the thousands of rounds of ammo I've stockpiled.

I won't even share what the grand total is as my wife would kill me, and that's at pre-Sandy Hook prices; but I will say I could almost buy a house with it...and I am one of the "lighter" members of the "serious collectors guild" in that regard.

But truthfully, like I said, I don't regret a single firearm, accessory or ammo I've purchased!

Cheers! M2

One of the guns in my collection could buy me some good acreage should i decide to part with it. But i got lucky on the buy and they guy selling it thought it was a reproduction. :)

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It's funny....generally speakin', we razz folks about their gun choices, but we don't ridicule 'em for 'em. But...I can go there if ya'll REALLY wanna.

After all, most carry Glocks 'cuz they ain't man 'nuff ta handle the weight of a REAL gun.......just sayin'!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    It's funny....generally speakin', we razz folks about their gun choices, but we don't ridicule 'em for 'em. But...I can go there if ya'll REALLY wanna.

After all, most carry Glocks 'cuz they ain't man 'nuff ta handle the weight of a REAL gun.......just sayin'!

It really bothers me to agree with you on anything.

Fortitude88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2013
    Flower Mound, TX

You'll have to speak up. Your blow-dryer was a little too loud & I couldn't quite hear you. Something about a glock? If you're looking for it I think you left it by your purse. I'm headed down to the drugstore - did you need anything? Lipstick? Vogue magazine? Skin moisturizer?

Don't forget your Glock when you go out for tea with the ladies this afternoon. I'll be back around 4.

Rogue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Katy, TX
    you'll have to speak up. Your blow-dryer was a little too loud & i couldn't quite hear you. Something about a glock? If you're looking for it i think you left it by your purse. I'm headed down to the drugstore - did you need anything? Lipstick? Vogue magazine? Skin moisturizer?

Don't forget your glock when you go out for tea with the ladies this afternoon. I'll be back around 4.

rofl

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    you'll have to speak up. Your blow-dryer was a little too loud & i couldn't quite hear you. Something about a glock? If you're looking for it i think you left it by your purse. I'm headed down to the drugstore - did you need anything? Lipstick? Vogue magazine? Skin moisturizer?

Don't forget your glock when you go out for tea with the ladies this afternoon. I'll be back around 4.

lol!

Angeleyes

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    You'll have to speak up. Your blow-dryer was a little too loud & I couldn't quite hear you. Something about a glock? If you're looking for it I think you left it by your purse. I'm headed down to the drugstore - did you need anything? Lipstick? Vogue magazine? Skin moisturizer?

Don't forget your Glock when you go out for tea with the ladies this afternoon. I'll be back around 4.

also bring some ointment for that burrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnn

5 Screw Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Atascosa Co.

I'm guessing if a bad guy stuck one in your ear and asked nicely for your wallet you would hear that. Just sayin...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Probably hear it malfunction before I broke his wrist and kicked his ass.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Price is no indication of quality...just look at the asking price for Kimber ;)

The worse CHL class I've ever seen was $180. I caught the instructor and his batch of students sleeping in the range shack at 2pm, "killing time" until ten hours were up.

At least in my classes, the last hour is spend carefully evaluating safe gun handling using assorted full auto guns...hard to sleep through that :D

Alex

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    OK, my gun purchasing this past year (which would be the first time purchasing - previous gun I own was a gift) cost me around $3000...for two pistols and a used rifle. Granted, that includes no CHL class and not enough ammo (Mostly because of the ammo panic), but then again I didn't buy a Kimber, either. My RIA 1911 and my SIG don't add up to the cost of that Kimber!

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Re: The Price of Owning a Handgun & CHL in the State of TX

I stopped counting when I hit $12,000 last year. I would venture that I ended around 16k.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

Top Bottom