• ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    ...and I am not liking it.

"Gone with the Wind". Gone. With the wind.
    I don't have a link, but it was in the WSJ.
    "Cops" TV show: gone.
    "Live PD" likely gone.
    What else do we lose before this stupidity has run its course?
    Hurley's Gold

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    HBO has said Gone With The Wind will return, but it won’t be the same.
    "'Gone With the Wind' is a product of its time and depicts some of the ethnic and racial prejudices that have, unfortunately, been commonplace in American society," the statement said. "These racist depictions were wrong then and are wrong today, and we felt that to keep this title up without an explanation and a denouncement of those depictions would be irresponsible."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...th-the-wind-from-library-amid-racial-tensions

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    HBO has said Gone With The Wind will return, but it won’t be the same.
    "'Gone With the Wind' is a product of its time and depicts some of the ethnic and racial prejudices that have, unfortunately, been commonplace in American society," the statement said. "These racist depictions were wrong then and are wrong today, and we felt that to keep this title up without an explanation and a denouncement of those depictions would be irresponsible."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...th-the-wind-from-library-amid-racial-tensions
    If all they're doing is putting some disclaimer card at the beginning, and not changing the content of the movie, then I don't see much of a problem. Absent any other indication, that seems to me more like them saying "we're just delivering the movie you asked for, don't involve us in your crap"

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Man it’s getting beyond nuts. I suspect we will see every school named after anyone associated with the confederacy will be changed. ALL confederate related statues are coming down. Almost certain (of the ones not removed already). And while I’m not one of those who has any personal or emotional connection to the confederacy it’s easy to see these will be the easy targets to remove since it’s already been in progress over recent years. So to me I say get rid of these things if it will fix the issue and make others feel better. Problem is this won’t fix anything. It won’t be enough. Unfortunately it won’t ever be enough to make everyone happy.

I’m a big sports guy. Not many sports I don’t like but I’ve watch ESPN become a politically charged. Sports center is more like WOKE center.

Our world is not equal. Life is not equal.

I am pissed if they cancel all the cop shows. That’s horseshit but I told my wife last week that would happen.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    3216FF71-DA50-4F73-B50C-B8B2E34D9831.gif

Attachments

• 3216FF71-DA50-4F73-B50C-B8B2E34D9831.gif
      3216FF71-DA50-4F73-B50C-B8B2E34D9831.gif
      854.5 KB · Views: 560

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Hadn’t heard that before. That’s pretty funny.
    It [the novel/movie] did start out pretty tranquil; everything ‘peaches & cream in Georgia’.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Oh well. I have the DVD. And a DVD of Song of the South.
    Ironically, there was even a translation of Gone With The Wind printed and published, without comment, in Communist East Germany.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    You mean anyone associated with white people.

That’s what I keep waiting to see: Once those place names are eliminated, WHAT will replace them? Certainly not “Founding Fathers” because, as has already been pointed out, many of them have their own ‘baggage’.

As far as I can tell, where Confederate monuments have been take down, nothing has been put up in their place. Empty. Just an attempt by the “know nothings” to erase history. Robert E. Lee Park in Dallas was renamed Turtle Creek Park.

Interesting times....

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Perhaps it is good for people to see what was going on at the time. That doesn't mean that one watching the movie condones what is in the movie. Historical context.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    That’s what I keep waiting to see: Once those place names are eliminated, WHAT will replace them? Certainly not “Founding Fathers” because, as has already been pointed out, many of them have their own ‘baggage’.

As far as I can tell, where Confederate monuments have been take down, nothing has been put up in their place. Empty. Just an attempt by the “know nothings” to erase history. Robert E. Lee Park in Dallas was renamed Turtle Creek Park.

Interesting times....
    Nothing. It's like a bucket of crabs. We'd just fall back to the level things were at.

Top Bottom