• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    More than 50 percent of all immigrant households receive welfare benefits, compared to only 30 percent of native households in the United States that receive welfare benefits.

Yikes, 30% of citizen households are on welfare???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    You just try to immigrate to Australia without having any skills to bring to the table. Nope--ain't gonna happen. Most nations try to set fairly high standards in order for folks to become legal immigrants (not refugees). No one bats an eye at the fact that they do that; however, when the United States seeks to do the same, there is a hue & cry from the "no person is illegal" crowd and then they loudly quote Emma Lazarus . . . as though Ms. Lazarus was ever elected to the Senate or the House. C'mon, folks--get a grip!

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    You just try to immigrate to Australia without having any skills to bring to the table. Nope--ain't gonna happen. Most nations try to set fairly high standards in order for folks to become legal immigrants (not refugees).
    ^^This! Glad to see we are moving in that direction, but it is legislation, not an EO, so it must pass the House and Senate first.

RodKo40S&W

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2017
    Austin,Texas
    ...No one bats an eye at the fact that they do that; however, when the United States seeks to do the same, there is a hue & cry from the "no person is illegal" crowd and then they loudly quote Emma Lazarus . . . as though Ms. Lazarus was ever elected to the Senate or the House. C'mon, folks--get a grip!
    I really don't care what Canada and Australia are doing, but I do care about doing what is best for the USA. The reaction clearly shows the nefarious behavior of much of the left in wanting the downfall of our country as it was established and build a "country" that has no borders and is part of a world community.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Anyone serious about "moving to Canada" after Trump was elected, soon realized it ain't so easy to just move to Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I really don't care what Canada and Australia are doing, but I do care about doing what is best for the USA. The reaction clearly shows the nefarious behavior of much of the left in wanting the downfall of our country as it was established and build a "country" that has no borders and is part of a world community.
    You miss my point--it's not about us wanting to be like those countries. It's about conservatives beating back the stupid comments about how Euro-this or Euro-that, or Australia-this or Canada-that is/are soo superior. Riiiggghht. It's about throwing that shit back in their face and making the open-borders folks realize that their stated "Nirvanas" aren't so high and mighty afterall, by comparison.

There's no reason in the world for the US government or its people to apologize to ANYONE about tightening up reasons/standards for legal permission to immigrate to this nation. It ought to be about what those new folks can do for THIS nation (and not be a burden in any way on our system) and NOT about what this nation needs to do to become more like where the new folks came from. Period.

RodKo40S&W

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2017
    Austin,Texas
    You miss my point--it's not about us wanting to be like those countries. It's about conservatives beating back the stupid comments about how Euro-this or Euro-that, or Australia-this or Canada-that is/are soo superior. Riiiggghht. It's about throwing that shit back in their face and making the open-borders folks realize that their stated "Nirvanas" aren't so high and mighty afterall, by comparison.

There's no reason in the world for the US government or its people to apologize to ANYONE about tightening up reasons/standards for legal permission to immigrate to this nation. It ought to be about what those new folks can do for THIS nation (and not be a burden in any way on our system) and NOT about what this nation needs to do to become more like where the new folks came from. Period.
    I was not at all disagreeing with your point; if fact, I 100% agree. I just think that we waste our time trying to point out the hypocrisy of it to those on the left. They NEVER apply logic and consistency to analyze a situation, so I don't think they will start now. As you write, we need to worry first and foremost about what is best for our country. Period.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Right now I'm watching Talking heads discuss Trump firing mueller and the consequences of it, and new legislation that would require a judge to approve the firing. All the while ignoring that Trump has made no mention of firing him. It's pure propaganda.

The Raise act will be called every "ist" in the liberal play book. The bill and the reason for it will be irrelevant. The left will simply check it off as more proof of racism. I saw earlier the Texas bill targeting sanctuary cities compared to the KKK in 1920.

Most of this post is irrelevant to the bill being discussed by the OP, but it will all be thrown in to the same basket by the left.

This is ouldnt be the first time the US got picky about who it welcomes. Even comparisons to taking uneducated immigrants in the past disregard the fact that those border gates were thrown open typically at times when the nation was in need of large numbers of unskilled laborers. When the quota was filled the gates were slammed shut.

99% of rhetoric you will hear against this bill can be disregarded. It's nothing more than virtue signaling. A sad game where leftists continue to compete to prove they are more virtuos than the snowflake beside them. Logic and fact only get in the way when playing such stupid games and questioning the game will have you cast out and classified as a racist.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Right now I'm watching Talking heads discuss Trump firing mueller and the consequences of it, and new legislation that would require a judge to approve the firing. All the while ignoring that Trump has made no mention of firing him. It's pure propaganda.
    Why do you watch that stuff? You know its going to give you heartburn.

Top Bottom