• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpikeSpiegel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Texas
    Well I know there are only 3 ranges in the Corpus Area but whats do you guys prefer.

I have only been to Starry and I love the atmosphere. The problem is I think the 10 dollars per gun is a bit much, maybe per person. Say you want to do some Skeet Shooting, Pistol Practice and take a couple of shots on the rifle range. It can easily run you 30 dollars. a bit much. I have been to places similar in atmosphere and its usually per person. Also, it seems the guy that works there doesn't take care of the actual Targets Stands and allows people to shoot AR's on the pistol range. Which i guess it is ok but they just destroy the targets stands and they never get replaced.

The Sharpshooter is just out of the question in my mind. I think it is 70 bucks per hour unless you spend a lot of money for their "Memberships"

The CCPRC is, im pretty sure membership only, which is kind of pricey and if you live in the city you have to drive 30+ min to get there. You waist more money of Gas it seems.

So I would have to say Starry is the cheapest and my best preference, but even though being the cheapest a day at the range can easily cost you over 60 bucks.
    Hurley's Gold

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Sharpshooter is no where near $70/hr (wasn't sure if this was sarcasm or bad info). $15/hr no limit on guns. Yes it can get pricey if you like to shoot alot and indoor ranges well tend to be loud. Spend a lil time in there and talk to the guys, alot of times I shoot they don't charge for targets or cut me a break on rentals if (you gotta buy their ammo though for rental guns). If you shoot alot and like the indoor range the membership can work out for ya.

Starry is a nice place, I haven't been there just to shoot, last time I was there was for an IDPA match. You're right $10/gun can add up fast for a day trip.

CCPRC is the nicest of them all, yes annual membership is $140.00. and yes its out in the boonies. I also have shot IDPA there. If ya know someone with a membership they can take you in for free or drive out and take a tour if ya haven't been.

SpikeSpiegel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Texas
    Sharpshooter is no where near $70/hr (wasn't sure if this was sarcasm or bad info). $15/hr no limit on guns. Yes it can get pricey if you like to shoot alot and indoor ranges well tend to be loud. Spend a lil time in there and talk to the guys, alot of times I shoot they don't charge for targets or cut me a break on rentals if (you gotta buy their ammo though for rental guns). If you shoot alot and like the indoor range the membership can work out for ya.

Starry is a nice place, I haven't been there just to shoot, last time I was there was for an IDPA match. You're right $10/gun can add up fast for a day trip.

CCPRC is the nicest of them all, yes annual membership is $140.00. and yes its out in the boonies. I also have shot IDPA there. If ya know someone with a membership they can take you in for free or drive out and take a tour if ya haven't been.

Well I meant to put 17. Don't know how 70 got there honestly...:banghead: but lets just say it is sarcasm lol

Well anything over a 100 dollars for a membership is a bit much, I know it goes to maintaining it but yeah. I just think all of the ranges have bad prices. I would be spending more money on gas trying to get out there. Totally not worth, not even if it is real nice. Sharpshooter, the membership is just to damn expensive for a poor college student like myself. I know places that are 80 buck membership and you go and shoot all you want. Now that is a membership I would be willing to pay. Starry should have a "membership", if they do I don't know about it. Then maybe they can replace those blown away target stands on the pistol range. The ones that get torn to shreds by AR's.

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    CCPRC is the best bargain. Initial fee of $50 plus $144 a year. Sure, if you are a poor college kid you will have to save your quarters for a while, but at $12 a month how can you beat it ? As far as distance is concerned, from Airline & SPID it takes 15 minutes to get there. Like mentioned above, IF you had a friend that was a member you could really be a member of TCBC.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I like to shoot in the back pasture. Lots of room and no one around.
    +1 and I can shoot whatever I want with whoever I want without the sign that says" No double taps, no head shots, no rapid fire".

I know they are trying to keep us safe, but I prefer to stay away from the retard shooter and can do so by staying on private property and blasting away.

I guess that has nothing to do with the question at hand....sorry.

SpikeSpiegel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Texas
    CCPRC is the best bargain. Initial fee of $50 plus $144 a year. Sure, if you are a poor college kid you will have to save your quarters for a while, but at $12 a month how can you beat it ? As far as distance is concerned, from Airline & SPID it takes 15 minutes to get there. Like mentioned above, IF you had a friend that was a member you could really be a member of TCBC.

I will check it out, but I still think 140 bucks a year is a still a bit pricey, but who knows, I thought it was further out. Thanks for the info.

haha its cool texascop, I wish I had land. No range Fee's for me haha :p

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    +1 and I can shoot whatever I want with whoever I want without the sign that says" No double taps, no head shots, no rapid fire".

I know they are trying to keep us safe, but I prefer to stay away from the retard shooter and can do so by staying on private property and blasting away.

I guess that has nothing to do with the question at hand....sorry.

Yes. The last time I was at an actual range was in 1980 in Pasadena, TX. It was an indoor range and I was shooting a S&W Model 10 5" 38 special. I remember a guy in the next lane let me shoot his S&W Model 39.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX

I have thought about joining CCPRC..... but I just shoot at my father in law's ranch....not convienent thou.... just over a hour's drive.....
    What is "TCBC"?

SpikeSpiegel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Texas

So I cracked down and joined the CCPRC haha. I weighed the costs to the other ranges and it was the better deal in the long run. Pretty nice out there. Can't wait till this rain stops so i can actually get out there though

MrBigAxe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    SoTex
    I shoot at Schwenke's between Aransas Pass and Ingleside on FM 1069. IIRC, it's about $65 for an annual membership. It's close by for me and cheap if you go more than a 2-3 times a year. I go that many times in a week sometimes.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I shoot at Schwenke's between Aransas Pass and Ingleside on FM 1069. IIRC, it's about $65 for an annual membership. It's close by for me and cheap if you go more than a 2-3 times a year. I go that many times in a week sometimes.

You are in my neck of the woods then

NoLove

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Corpus Christi
    CC Pistol and Rifle Club is nice but too far out, Sharpshooter seems to be packed all the time for me, so Starry's it is for me. Plus I like the informal and casual atmosphere at Starry's, where as the other offerings all seem to have that pretentious aura to me.

gt40mki

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    The $140/year is about $10/month...if you go ONCE a month it's definitely worth it. Of course there is no substitute for your own private spot to shoot :)...I miss all the national park land in Utah and New Mexico...you could stop along the highway, setup a few steels, drive down about 1000 yards and shoot to your hearts content.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    So, for a short time visitor to the area (Beeville - CC) it looks like Starry is the place to go, yes?

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Hello! Anybody home? see above

So, I've called 4-5 shops in CC, stopped at Carroll's (A-hole of gunsmith) and the other one on 59 near El Campo on my way south. NO BODY CARRIES GLOCK PARTS! WTH!!!

Is Texas Gun Shop on SPID closed? Went by there in person for the parts, doors locked up.

And I love the fact that Starry Shooting Range ONLY has an OGM telling you they are at the end of Starry street. Thanks, WTH is THAT?!?!?

Hell, I shoulda brought friggin fishing gear instead of guns. I was sweatin' today doing my easy arse job in January!

I may never come back to CC. Or atleast until July when I gotta do this again.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom