• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I dunno, I was in Texas Gun Shop 2 weeks ago, and he was open. He said he was going to some supplier show in 2 weeks. Maybe he closes up shop when he does? But yeah, bring fishing gear next time...

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    A little late but hey, at least I got a response, thanks :-)

I'd guess Texas Gun Shop is at SHOT show.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Hello! Anybody home? see above

So, I've called 4-5 shops in CC, stopped at Carroll's (A-hole of gunsmith) and the other one on 59 near El Campo on my way south. NO BODY CARRIES GLOCK PARTS! WTH!!!

Is Texas Gun Shop on SPID closed? Went by there in person for the parts, doors locked up.

And I love the fact that Starry Shooting Range ONLY has an OGM telling you they are at the end of Starry street. Thanks, WTH is THAT?!?!?

Hell, I shoulda brought friggin fishing gear instead of guns. I was sweatin' today doing my easy arse job in January!

I may never come back to CC. Or atleast until July when I gotta do this again.

Dude! PM me next time you visit CC......and as far as Starry Range, how many ranges have their own street named after the owner.... Mr Starry is a cool dude..., sorry about your less than great visit to our city...maybe next time will be better.....

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Well, if you answer PMs as timely as you respond this thread, I better send it 20 days in advance

It wasn't a total bust, I did find Scuttlebutts, Doc's and of course Hooters. OMG my waitress was HOT! But the food, probably the worst Hooters I've ever eatin at.

Is July good for chupacabra hunting? They only let me have caps guns, will that take one down?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Corpus Christi
    Hello all as far as ranges go if I need to shoot indoors I will go to sharpshooters, but I mostly shoot at the ranch out in bluntzer - orange grove area, long enough clearings to shoot 1000 yards

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Well, if you answer PMs as timely as you respond this thread, I better send it 20 days in advance

It wasn't a total bust, I did find Scuttlebutts, Doc's and of course Hooters. OMG my waitress was HOT! But the food, probably the worst Hooters I've ever eatin at.

Is July good for chupacabra hunting? They only let me have caps guns, will that take one down?

yeah.... i know.... but at least you found Hooters....July is not a good time for hunting....too hot.. unless you do an overnight pig hunt.... My father-in-law's ranch in Benavides is just over an hour away... if schedules allow..... maybe we can head out there...... mid july to late july is better for me than the first week of july....

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    12499-range-you-prefer-happy.gif

I would love your input on this one. Our kitchen has a peninsula that is open to the dining room. The range wall is also visible from the family room. We are trying to decide if the range should be off center or centered on the range wall. We like the look of the centered range, but are concerned with the reduction in isle width since it is across from the sink. (From the range handles to the counter across the isle will only be approximately 37". The rest of the counter to counter isle width will be 39". That is using an 1.5" counter overhang.) This is not designed to be a two person kitchen, but could a person actually stand in front of the sink while another one is in front of a stove? After we mocked it up with tables and boxes, we are thinking yes, but with very little wiggle room.

I had to re-read the thread title to understand what you were talking about..... do you understand this is a gun forum and the topic is about gun ranges, not kitchen ranges...... idk..... ask an interior designer....

Psychsurf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    corpus Christi
    You know, I actually live not far from Starry, but I've never been there. The per-gun charge kind of turns me off. Anybody know if they offer a membership that makes that a cheaper prospect?

cdhknives

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Old thread, but thought I'd chime in.

IMO CCPRC has it all over any other range in CC except for the casual, 2-3 times a year kind of shooter.

Real trap/skeet range (half price for members)
    50/100/200 yard rifle ranges
    multiple pistol bays with real berms separating them
    Pro shop with fairly reasonable ammo prices
    $12/month (payable a year at a time) keeps the rifraff out
    Open all day during daylight hours (keycard access) for rifle and pistol shooting
    Unlimited guns per trip
    Shoot your own targets, from your own ranges
    (hardened) steel gongs and such allowed, no trash shooting

After the third time I was yelling at another patron at Starry's for pointing their gun at me while I was on the firing line (careless don't give a crap handling) I griped, got blown off by Billy, and never went back. I think he does a terrible job of enforcing safety at his range.

Also, it really isn't all that far out there. Half an hour is no worse than to get to the beach to go fishing!

68blackbird

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Corpus Christi
    Old thread, but thought I'd chime in.

IMO CCPRC has it all over any other range in CC except for the casual, 2-3 times a year kind of shooter.

Real trap/skeet range (half price for members)
    50/100/200 yard rifle ranges
    multiple pistol bays with real berms separating them
    Pro shop with fairly reasonable ammo prices
    $12/month (payable a year at a time) keeps the rifraff out
    Open all day during daylight hours (keycard access) for rifle and pistol shooting
    Unlimited guns per trip
    Shoot your own targets, from your own ranges
    (hardened) steel gongs and such allowed, no trash shooting

After the third time I was yelling at another patron at Starry's for pointing their gun at me while I was on the firing line (careless don't give a crap handling) I griped, got blown off by Billy, and never went back. I think he does a terrible job of enforcing safety at his range.

Also, it really isn't all that far out there. Half an hour is no worse than to get to the beach to go fishing!

Went out there a few weeks ago to check out the facilities, liked what I saw. My next $112 will be spent on CCRPC.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Schwenke's Rifle & Pistol in Aransas Pass is an option on 1069 bewtween Aransas Pass and Ingleside. He charges $75.00 a year for membership. Members only he does not offer a daily rate. I have been told the rifle range is up to 200 yards. There is no RSO on the range, if that makes a difference to you.

We have a small 6 lane 25 yard indoor pistol range in Rockport-Fulton. 10/hr + targets. Auto target retrievers and good ventilation a/c and heat. Not as big , nice or busy as Sharpshooters, but we do try hard.

Pistol up to 44mag in power and rifles of handgun calibers. We are Class III friendly.

The range will handle larger rifle calibers , however the concussion and noise is not conducive to others enjoying the range while those rifles are being fired.

www.aransasfirearms.com

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Schwenke's Rifle & Pistol in Aransas Pass is an option on 1069 bewtween Aransas Pass and Ingleside. He charges $75.00 a year for membership. Members only he does not offer a daily rate. I have been told the rifle range is up to 200 yards. There is no RSO on the range, if that makes a difference to you.

We have a small 6 lane 25 yard indoor pistol range in Rockport-Fulton. 10/hr + targets. Auto target retrievers and good ventilation a/c and heat. Not as big , nice or busy as Sharpshooters, but we do try hard.

Pistol up to 44mag in power and rifles of handgun calibers. We are Class III friendly.

The range will handle larger rifle calibers , however the concussion and noise is not conducive to others enjoying the range while those rifles are being fired.

www.aransasfirearms.com

I haven't been to Schwenke's in years but have friends that are members there, if I still lived down there I'd probably have a membership. Usually when I go home I've got private property I can go shoot on but next time I'll probably swing through Rockport and check your place out and support a fellow TGT'er. Asked my mom if she's heard of your place and apparently you know my parents lol, figured though most in the Rockport area do.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    For me - best range for sighting in handguns is the sharp shooter.
    Best for fun is the pistol and rifle club. Steel challenge practice on Wednesday and just shooting those self healing rolling targets for fun

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom