• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Ok guys, there's a gun show at the Expo Center on Jan 05-06 (Tmorrow and Sat). I woulda put out word sooner, but I just found out, myself. Just wanted to get the word out. Is anyone goin? Apparently, they're calling it "The real gun show"...so we'll see how it compares to all those fake gun shows we've been to ;)

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I've been to that one several times. Your better off waiting until the one in Killeen if you don't want to drive far. They are both about the same which is not very good. More crap than guns usually and rarely anything that you couldn't get cheaper at about any gun store. Its is a good way to blow sometime though if your bored. All these tiny shows around this area never compare to the big city shows.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I dunno...I went to one in San Antonio once and wasn't very impressed. If you're telling me it's not much compared to the ones in San Antonio...damn. That really ain't sayin much lol

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    It really isn't. I haven't Brent to the SA saxet show in.many years so I'm. Not sure what its like now. From what I remember it was much larger than the one here at the expo center. Its only 6 bucks though so its not going to hurt to bad to go look. In fact I'm free tomorrow and kind of want to go look at there ammo. What time.are.you going?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Is this the one where ammo is sold separate from the firearms? If so, we went to it a few years back. I would guess around 300-400 tables, and not a lot to offer. Mostly hunting rifles. We were out in less than half an hour.

Just to put it in perspective, SAXET in SA is about 800 tables and the Premier Show at the Freeman Expo Hall is 1000+. Premier also has a show in north Austin that we went to last month, it wasn't too bad, probably around 400 tables and about an hour's worth of wandering around...

Cheers! M2

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Damn, I wish I woulda caught this-I missed on on going with my dad..then I missed out on hangin out with one of y'all. Damn-been one of them days. lol

This is the one where they sold the ammo seperate. And it was MUCH smaller than the one in San Antonio. Damn. They didn't even fill up the entire building that it was in. Kinda sad, actually. I wandered around for about 30 min and was out.

Designated

Senior Unobtanium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Killeen
    I went, as expected lots of high priced AR's and AK's that were not going anywhere. Lot of guys carrying in 1700 Rock Rivers. Same guys walked out with them. I think everyone who really wanted a rifle has done it by now. I was there a good while and did not see one rifle sold.

Generally everything was high, even for a Gun show. $400 for a used 870?!? Pistols seemed to be the only things normal priced. I skip this show most times but was really bored today. Was very small and unusually crowded.

Nothing really special at all, a few .50 cals and a ($3000!!!)KSG shotgun are the only thing that really stick out. I skipped the ammo line but they did have all common calibers. I didn't even look at how much though. I ended up walking away with a new pistol though that was actually a good find which is rare for this show.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Maybe now that people have stopped paying out the nose for those stuff the prices will begin to shift back to their pre frenzy state.

Of course if any ban legislation starts to get traction they will probably go right back up.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom