• ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Stole this from and IMDb review:
    "The 1954 sci-fi/vampire novel "I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson has now been filmed three times: as "The Last Man On Earth" in 1964 originally scripted by Matheson himself (which I have never seen), as "The Omega Man" in 1971 without the vampire elements (which I have viewed three times), and now with the original title and expensive sets and special effects. This time the seemingly sole survivor of the worldwide pandemic Robert Neville is played by Will Smith who is an actor with real charisma and charm and considerable box office appeal who has beefed himself up for the role."

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The TV Reboot thread got me thinking. I voted Rockford Files, but immediately thought "Naw, they'd screw it up".
    But could they make it even better?

Which made me think of movies where the remake was actually better. It is rare, but I will go first.

True Grit
    Some movies are great as remakes, some, not so much. Jeff Bridges is a damn good actor, and I like many movies he has made, but True grit ain't one of them IMO.

I'm a huge John Wayne fan going back many decades, and I'm sorry, there just isn't an actor of the status of John Wayne.

I'm a huge Steve McQueen fan. Pierce Brosnan did a remake of The Thomas Crown Affair that McQueen did the late 1960's. It was a good movie, but Pierce Brosnan ain't Steve McQueen.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    The TV Reboot thread got me thinking. I voted Rockford Files, but immediately thought "Naw, they'd screw it up".
    But could they make it even better?

Which made me think of movies where the remake was actually better. It is rare, but I will go first.

True Grit
    Blasphemy !

same actors but the Snyder remake of the Justice League

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    There were a number of remakes of the Magnificent Seven but the last one hit the mark and comes in a close second to the original, mostly because of style and dialogue. I would rate it higher but it is a bit too polished to be set in that era in Mexico. Denzel is no Yul Brenner and there was no one on the last version to compare to Bronson and Coburn.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    There were a number of remakes of the Magnificent Seven but the last one hit the mark and comes in a close second to the original, mostly because of style and dialogue. I would rate it higher but it is a bit too polished to be set in that era in Mexico. Denzel is no Yul Brenner and there was no one on the last version to compare to Bronson and Coburn.
    Or Steve McQueen.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom