Join TexasGunTalk

The Ruger SR1911, how's it performing?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Skip, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Skip

Skip TGT Addict

Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    So, I've decided that it will be next on the "gotta have" list.
    It's been out awhile now, hows yours working out? Function issues, or finish issues?
    Thanks

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

2. Kennydale

Kennydale Active Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    DSCN4222.jpg It's not mine. It belongs to my buddy and he was helping this newbie with my grip, stance & trigger pull using his SR1911. It is SWEET !

3. kaarnij

kaarnij New Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Dallas,Texas
    Have had my full sized SR1911 for about 6 months, over 2k down range of some pretty crappy target loads. I have yet to experience a single FTL/FTE, this is but one of my many 1911‘s and I must say it is a pleasant surprise with fit and finish that rivals My Kimbers. I cannot wait to pick up the commander. The true beauty is that if I really work on a deal I will have bought both the full sized and Commander SR1911‘s for less than a single Kimber. Which if were not a great gun would mean nothing' this is a great gun as accurate and reliable as any. I am hoping that the Commander is equally impressive. I do fear that with the smaller slide it does not become too quick for the cycling of rounds.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

4. kaarnij

kaarnij New Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Dallas,Texas
    Wow, I have not yet seen a two tone of the SR1911. Did your friend ceracote it?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

5. Kennydale

Kennydale Active Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    Nope stock color

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

6. TundraWookiee

TundraWookiee Scruffy Nerf Herder TGT Supporter

Jan 9, 2012
    Lake Jackson
    Never seen one like this...interesting.

Still love mine and have yet to have an issue. The stainless shows powder near the muzzle after a range session but its as simple as a little solvent and a cloth to get it looking like new. Mine is pictured in my avatar.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

7. rgwalt

rgwalt Active Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    Can someone compare a similarly equipped Rock Island to the Ruger? For the price, the Ruger is quite nice and has a great feature set.

8. shortround

shortround TGT Addict

Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Got one of the early ones. Good to go in every respect. I only feed it brass-cased range ammo from Winchester, Federal, Remington, and Monarch. (The Remington tends to send lots of powder flame out the muzzle).

Not one failure of any kind. Shoots better than a Kimber that cost twice as much ... and Kimber tells me their gun has nothing wrong with it.

It is my favorite Bar-B-Que Gun.

9. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict

May 25, 2009
    Got the full size and was lucky enough to snag a commander a few weeks ago. Both have performed flawlessly so far. The commander doesn't quite have the fit and finish that it's big brother has, but for the cost, I'm completely happy.

10. Texasgordo

Texasgordo TGT Addict

May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Mine has been perfect. I am very happy with it.