• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are theories (hypothetical) about string energies and preons... I personally put a little more "faith" in the concept of String Theory since, at its core, it believes that all matter is made up of energy patterns... but I'm not a scientist so who knows?

Ah, String Theory. I remember back in the 70s and String Theory was scoffed at, much like the theory (now proven) of plate tectonics. Advancements in technology, math (including physics) and experimental procedures have changed all that....which only proves that "change" is part of the universe. The theory of Dark Matter was lumped together with the tooth fairy, the Easter bunny and Santa Claus. Global cooling was the buzzword of the day.

Now, some 40 years later, all that has been spun around. Serious research and experimentation has gone into String Theory. Plate tectonics has been proven to be real. Dark Matter is accepted as the driving force behind the forces in the universe. There's even the possibility of building a faster-than-light drive for space vehicles. The Alcubierre warp drive, "used" in many current science fiction novels, could become a reality more quickly than originally thought.

Warp Drive May Be More Feasible Than Thought, Scientists Say

So, what makes up Quarks, and flavors, and Gluons??!

Epic to try and imagine lots of this stuff.

As for the answer to that, scientists and physicists are still working on discovering the properties of the individual quarks and the momentummass that holds them together. Maybe, now that the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) is in operation at CERN, more evidence of what makes up the particles in the universe can be discovered. The LHC has already discovered a candidate for the Higgs Boson, called the God Particle.

Higgs boson results from LHC 'get even stronger'

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who wonders what makes up an atom, and what if our deep space is just a tiny part of something even bigger. I swear, it makes my head hurt if I really start thinking about all of that! Especially if I start focusing on the atom thing lol

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michaelm18
    Top Bottom