• Josh Smith

Smith-Sights LLC
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Wabash IN
    Hello,

I wrote the following hoping some of you might be able to use it. I've been told recently that history doesn't matter since we're living now; I disagree.

This is my work. You have my permission to pass it around. You may add to it if you wish, but please do not delete anything. Keep my name etc.

Annotated Second Amendment

1. A well-regulated militia
    (men 17-45, supplying their own small arms and drilling, at least in theory, with some regularity)

2. Necessary to the security of a free State (providing for the common defense; first responders in an armed crisis)

3. The right OF THE PEOPLE (not the right of the "militia", but the right of THE PEOPLE, who comprise the militia; The People remain armed regardless of the existence of an organized Militia; The People must retain the ability to raise a militia)

4. To keep and bear arms (historically, those arms in common use by infantry in militias and militaries at any given time, not just 1776, given the stated mission of the militia)

5. Shall not be infringed (self-explanatory; the British tried to deprive the colonies of powder and arms so they could be subjugated; this sparked a hot war)

Regards,
    Josh Smith
    Smith-Sights.com
    DK Firearms

edgrissom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    NE Texas
    Well done. To me, the most important thing is that individual citizens are covered by the 2A. Either to raise a militia or to defend AGAINST a militia.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Hello,

I wrote the following hoping some of you might be able to use it. I've been told recently that history doesn't matter since we're living now; I disagree.

This is my work. You have my permission to pass it around. You may add to it if you wish, but please do not delete anything. Keep my name etc.

Annotated Second Amendment

1. A well-regulated militia
    (men 17-45, supplying their own small arms and drilling, at least in theory, with some regularity)

2. Necessary to the security of a free State (providing for the common defense; first responders in an armed crisis)

3. The right OF THE PEOPLE (not the right of the "militia", but the right of THE PEOPLE, who comprise the militia; The People remain armed regardless of the existence of an organized Militia; The People must retain the ability to raise a militia)

4. To keep and bear arms (historically, those arms in common use by infantry in militias and militaries at any given time, not just 1776, given the stated mission of the militia)

5. Shall not be infringed (self-explanatory; the British tried to deprive the colonies of powder and arms so they could be subjugated; this sparked a hot war)

Regards,
    Josh Smith
    Smith-Sights.com

Well regulated also, at the time, meant well equipped trained and led.

Security of a free State means that, in addition to outside threats to the nation, the people are secure from the threat of a tyrannical gooberment. The people decide what is tyranny as it's their government to control not the other way around.

Ofcourse the framers/founders meant to ensure the people had military grade weapons and equipment. How else can one meet the threat without equipment equil to what they may face.

None if this is any secret. The founders wrote extensive letters and commentary regarding what they intended.
    I laugh when some libtard says the meaning of the second is difficult to discern due to its vagueness and as such we must interpret it's meaning. I usually ask them if they are retarded or have learning disabilities. Then just before they completely explode I remind them of the internet. Angry looks turn to confusion and I tell them that the sum total of mankind's knowledge and history can be found on the smart phone or lap top they have and that within five minutes then can read the founders intentions written by them at the time telling anyone who wants to think critically and possess intellectual integrity exactly what they ment.

I explain they specifically intended for the federal government's hands to be tied regarding the natural rights the specifically enumerated. They were added so as to strengthen the constitution and improve upon The articles of confederation. Otherwise the constitution would have faced serious hurdles to ratification in many states.

I tell them the federalist papers are a good place to start their deprogramming and challange them to think about historical context and why people who just fought off one king would want to create another.

I have no more time for the willfully ignorant and think they are a serious danger to my personal freedom life liberty and pursuit of happiness and remove myself from their presence so I don't give into the nearly overpowering urge the slap the shit out of them.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    2A is evidence that the Right to Keep and Bear Arms existed prior to the drafting of our constitution.

What it does is place a limit on what infringments a free people should accept. That number being ZERO.

Top Bottom