• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAJIK_BONE_77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nowhere
    Now here's universal plan I can get behind.

American Thinker Blog: The shocking truth about a fundamental right being denied to 55% of citizens

March 22, 2010
    The shocking truth about a fundamental right being denied to 55% of citizens

M Allen Fritsch

[FONT=times new roman,times]There is a fundamental right being denied 55% of all Americans. This denial costs over 16,000 lives per year, meaning more than 44 of our fellow Americans will die every day that we delay. What should be done in light of these shocking figures?[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,times]Using the example set by President Obama and the Congressional Democrats, there is only one answer: Universal Gun Care for every American. Surely a right outlined in the Bill of Rights (2d Amendment) is just as important as a right NOT found the Constitution (Health Care).[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Bonus, it should be easier to implement. After all, gun dealers and manufacturers are ready and willing to help solve the problem. Unlike the evil insurance companies, gun dealers don't want to take your weapon away from you when you most need it. Nor will they deny selling you a weapon simply because you haven't purchased one in the past (i.e. a pre-existing condition).[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]• Conventional estimates state that 45% of all US households own a firearm. This leaves at least 55% of all Americans "uncovered."
    • In 2008 there were 16,272 murders in the USA. How many of those could have been prevented if the victims had been able to protect themselves?
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]My proposal is a modest one:[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]• Mandate for every American to purchase a gun or be provided one by their employer (children under the age of 26 can share a weapon with their parents)
    • Tax credits to offset the cost of purchase (for those making less than $250,000 per year and everyone in Nebraska)
    • For those that can't afford it, a grant or subsidy to purchase a weapon (union members can get two weapons subsidized before 2018)
    • Funding for a series of community based gun dealers/clinics and firing ranges (especially in under-served urban and rural areas)
    • Monthly ammunition benefit so that no one has to choose between feeding their kids, paying the rent, or buying a box of .38 special cartridges
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Contact your representative today. The time to act is now.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]M Allen Fritsch is an entrepreneur and business owner. He is a graduate of the United States Military Academy and a former Army officer. His household is one of the 45%[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times].
    [/FONT]
    Hurley's Gold

LonghornAR15

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Austin
    "[FONT=times new roman,times]• In 2008 there were 16,272 murders in the USA. How many of those could have been prevented if the victims had been able to protect themselves?"

Probably not most of them. The vast majority of murders in this country and between drug dealers and other petty criminals, drunks or druggies, or some dude who is givin it to another dude's wife. Maybe in the last case an armed victim would prevent a murder, but in the other ones someone is still probably going to get shot, and the victim was probably armed anyway.

Just a thought. I still advocate more guns for more people, but I don't know if it would really make a significant impact on the country's high murder rate. An armed society is a polite society, though.
    [/FONT]

indpendnt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    DFW
    And think of the economic boost as billions of dollars are now pumped into the economy in every sector from raw materials and manufacturing to transportation and retail. The tax revenue generated for the federal government alone has to be estimated in the hundreds of millions. It's a win win! Why aren't the democreeps on board with this?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    This goes hand in hand with the thread about "why Switzerland never gets invaded." They are required to own firearms and to practice marksmanship.

I think we got into trouble as a nation when we began to let the government take care of us and protect us. Anyone who thinks the US government will take care of them needs to take a look at the history of the Native Americans.

Flash

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    subsidize-my-ammo-500x375.jpg

Top Bottom