• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'm 25 and I remember being the remote for the older turn-knob TVs. I remember my Grandma still had one of the rotary dial phones, and we used it (it was green).

I remember gas was $0.89 / Gallon when I started driving, and $10.00 was all you needed to drive a week. I remember when you could buy cars at the dealership that didn't have radios, A/C, or power steering and ironically got the same mileage as the so-called efficient hybrids today.

I remember our school's first computer lab. It was a collection of old 3-color (at best) Macintosh PCs. We used to run to get one of the few that had a mouse! On the fancy ones you could play Oregon Trail. I remember just buying bullets and killing everything in sight.

I remember having to get good grades for a long time to get a Nintendo (the original one) for Christmas back in the 80s.

I remember cassette tapes. They were cheaper than CDs, but you had to rewind the damn things.

I remember when MTV had the claymation interludes, and actually played nothing but music videos.

I remember corporal school punishment, and to this day I can walk to the asst. principle's office, recognize him, and give you his name because of it.

I remember playing baseball, and the objective was to win and have good sportsmanship, and those that couldn't hack were never around the next year.

I remember running to Roger Clemen's number in deep center-right field at Disch-Faulk for baseball warm-ups, and playing on the field in 130 deg. temperatures with Coach Gus.
    Gun Zone Deals

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Humble, TX
    Anyone remember playing army or playing with toy soldiers? I had a Marx Thompson machine gun and was always SGT Saunders. I couldn't imagine kids running around the neighborhood today with a toy gun.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    Our favorite game was "Newspaper Tag". We used a small newspaper. After we set bounderies, whoever was "it" had to hit someone with the newspaper. If you weren't fast, you learned to throw well. Head shots didn't count.

We made sling shots using dad's old work boots' tongues.

We made parachute men using action figures and cut open plastic bread sacks.

I figured out a way to get onto the roof of every house in my neighborhood. (Usually using the fence or a tree.)

We used to catch frogs, crawdads, locusts, lizards, snakes, etc....

We made rope swings over the local creeks.

We used to jump trash cans with our bikes.

We were rarely bored.

I'm 42, so you have a reference.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Our favorite game was "Newspaper Tag". We used a small newspaper. After we set bounderies, whoever was "it" had to hit someone with the newspaper. If you weren't fast, you learned to throw well. Head shots didn't count.

We made sling shots using dad's old work boots' tongues.

We made parachute men using action figures and cut open plastic bread sacks.

I figured out a way to get onto the roof of every house in my neighborhood. (Usually using the fence or a tree.)

We used to catch frogs, crawdads, locusts, lizards, snakes, etc....

We made rope swings over the local creeks.

We used to jump trash cans with our bikes.

We were rarely bored.

I'm 42, so you have a reference.

Yep a pretty good picture of my youth right there.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    We used to build ramps for our bikes with plywood and bricks. Hit cars with snowballs(Oklahoma) Used to run our traps before the bus got there. CD's came out when I was a senior in high school. Had to find someone to buy beer for us.....

Top Bottom