Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    YG,

I know my questions and/or posts in general annoy you, but for the life of me, I don't know why?

You seem unable to keep from commenting with a heavy dose of snark to almost, not all, but almost all of my posts.

I hope I'm as entertaining to you as you are to me.

The tone of my posts are a reflection of the tone in yours.

You seem to be convinced you are correct about something despite having several people in the industry attempt to explain it to you, and you seem to refuse to accept any explanation given. It appears you have no intent to leave the answers to the questions you ask, but instead to sharpen those questions and use them as a spear to take jabs at our members and forum supporters.

That is quite irritating to me and is a dangerous path to tread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I would say a major part is labor costs and also not having to pay itar taxes and with them being unregulated you have 10 times the companies making them and in most cases that does drive down the price some.

Shady,

Yeah, I get that, so my next question is, how are foreign suppressors makers able to make and sell for such low comparative cost.

Yes, I'm sure they have different laws, taxes, etc, but they too have a lot of fixed and various others cost to contend with also, but they sell their suppressors for significantly less money.

YG,

I know my questions and/or posts in general annoy you, but for the life of me, I don't know why?

You seem unable to keep from commenting with a heavy dose of snark to almost, not all, but almost all of my posts.

I hope I'm as entertaining to you as you are to me.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    YG,

Not at all my intention.

No spearing jabs.

Not being hard headed.

Just seeking information.

If my questions cause consternation that's not my intention.

As for thinking I'm correct, I'm not thinking that at all.

I'm seeking answers that I don't think have been provided, thus my questions about foreign suppressor manufacturers.

However, if my posts cause you indigestion, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm me and you're you.

We're two different people.

From your posts, I gather you too are sometimes somewhat heretical. Bold even.

Well, so am I.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    YG,

Not at all my intention.

No spearing jabs.

Not being hard headed.

Just seeking information.

If my questions cause consternation that's not my intention.

As for thinking I'm correct, I'm not thinking that at all.

I'm seeking answers that I don't think have been provided, thus my questions about foreign suppressor manufacturers.

However, if my posts cause you indigestion, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm me and you're you.

We're two different people.

From your posts, I gather you too are sometimes somewhat heretical. Bold even.

Well, so am I.

Post #62, second to last paragraph. A perfect example of what I'm referencing in your posts.

From what I've seen, the answers have been provided, they just weren't the answers you wanted to hear, so you take a jab at one of our sponsors. (Example cited).

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    YG,

We'll have to agree to disagree.

That being said, I won't post anything further regarding the HPA or suppressors.

Foreign or domestic.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Sean I think your OP is spot on. There's also people like me, in fact a lot of folks like me, that went on pre41f spending sprees and are just now repaying their savings, etc. they borrowed against to cram in as many Form 1/4 as possible before the deadline. In July 2016 I had 17 forms pending approval (dates ranging 12/20/2015 - 07/10/2016). I bought cans for hosts I don't even own yet. I registered 3 lowers with almost zero plan for using them. I also posted in this site immediately 41f went into effect that "it wouldn't stop me". And it won't. But the reality of allowing myself to catch back up from my pre 41f financial insanity has become too real. I still haven't even modified trust. But that's will happen soon. I suspect there's a lot of folks in a similar boat.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I would say a major part is labor costs and also not having to pay itar taxes and with them being unregulated you have 10 times the companies making them and in most cases that does drive down the price some.

Every manufacturer has to pay itar. Whether you are an 07 making suppressors or an 07 making Title One rifles period everyone pays itar. Technically speaking even a gunsmith to threads a barrel or as accurize work on a Remington bolt-action must have ITAR.

Itar reform should be our top legislative priority

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX

Every manufacturer has to pay itar. Whether you are an 07 making suppressors or an 07 making Title One rifles period everyone pays itar. Technically speaking even a gunsmith to threads a barrel or as accurize work on a Remington bolt-action must have ITAR.

Beat me to it...

We do NOT need ITAR reform, just get rid of it altogether. ITAR is blood boiling aggravating because how on earth we allowed it to exist in the first place...

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    How else would we ensure that only the government supplies arms to terrorists and cartels?

Pawpaw40

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    East Texas
    My understanding is if HPA passes, suppressors will be treated just like firearms, right? If so, will we then be able to build our own without any registration or 4473 like we can for rifles, shotguns and pistols?

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    He was asking about why suppressors made in a non USA factory were cheaper than ones made here in the states . I don't think the Europeans have to pay ITAR

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    He was asking about why suppressors made in a non USA factory were cheaper than ones made here in the states . I don't think the Europeans have to pay ITAR

And throwing out insults and comments about our sponsors "getting rich".

I've given my explanation. Take it or leave it.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I guess I dont understand. SC-Texas quoted me and I answered him.

And throwing out insults and comments about our sponsors "getting rich".

I've given my explanation. Take it or leave it.

APynckel

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Houston, Tx
    Been watching a bunch of the "gun news" outlets (specifically TheGunCollective on Youtube, and MAC). Seems the bill is worded very poorly. At this point, I wouldn't be holding my breath for them to come off the NFA regulated items any time soon. That and with the knee jerk libtards spouting off verbal diarrhea in regards to how so many criminals would use them to assassinate EVERYONE and other fear mongering, yea....

I hope, but it's government. Once a right is gone, just don't plan on it returning, sadly. Too many morons in high places to let actual common sense stuff happen.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    If nobody is buying then BATFE can clear out paperwork and the wait times will reduce. Then people will start buying again. I never thought HPA would make it to law.

41magnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2015
    I haven't heard of any significant reduction of BATFE wait time. I suppose it is somewhat early to be expecting a breaking of the log jam, oh well .

Top Bottom