• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    It is starting to look like IMO that the Swiss are saying assimilate to our culture or go some where else!
    http://jta.org/news/article/2009/12/03/1009507/swiss-leader-calls-for-jewish-cemetery-banhttp://jta.org/news/article/2009/12/03/1009507/swiss-leader-calls-for-jewish-cemetery-ban
    Swiss leader calls for Jewish cemetery ban

December 3, 2009
    BERLIN (JTA) -- A mainstream Swiss political leader is calling for a ban on separate Muslim and Jewish cemeteries.
    Christophe Darbellay, president of the Christian Democratic People's Party of Switzerland, made the statement in a television interview Tuesday, two days after an initiative to ban minarets was passed by Swiss voters.
    The anti-minaret initiative came from the opposing party, the ultra-conservative Swiss People's Party and other right-wing political organizations. Critics say Darbellay is starting a
    "crusade," to attract voters by proposing similarly xenophobic measures.
    Mainstream politicians and religious leaders across Europe have reacted with dismay to the anti-minaret vote.
    According to the Swiss online daily Tagesanzeiger, Darbellay also wants to ban the wearing of burkas, head-to-toe veils worn by some fundamentalist Muslim women.
    Reportedly, Darbellay said existing cemeteries would not be affected by a ban. But there should be no separate cemeteries in the future, he said.
    The conservative party called for crackdowns on expressions of Muslim fundamentalism in 2006. The demand for separate cemeteries is an escalation, observers noted.
    ARJ Defense ad

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I actually don't agree with that except maybe the burka thing which could be considered a security issue. Can you say ACLU

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    I have no problem with a country drawing their own lines. Those of you who are more mature in years remember we the people criticized segregation and exclusion as being against our civil rights and unity was word of the day and the strength of our nation. I believed in that message. Today we are being taught the "Diversity" message and being told that diverse segregated ethnicities/cultures are "good" for America and people can come here and retain their segregated culture without integrating to our American culture and somehow this makes us stronger. Why come to a country you don't want to meld into? You want to retain your heritage, culture, and home country life style? Stay where you were born. We don't need segregation. BTW, I think when the integration culture started to work in our country and improve the divides between cultures and ethnicities the left quickly changed gears as racial harmony is contrary to their objective of destablizing our nation and the age old divide and conquer. MLK would roll in his grave if he saw what happened to his movement.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    The diversity/PC crowd have caused more hate then it prevented,while I do not have the answer to people living peaceful certainly laws alone cannot force the issue. I also believe there are cultures/religions that will never coexist peacefully, I think if we could come to terms with that perhaps it would be best.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I have no problem with a country drawing their own lines. Those of you who are more mature in years remember we the people criticized segregation and exclusion as being against our civil rights and unity was word of the day and the strength of our nation. I believed in that message. Today we are being taught the "Diversity" message and being told that diverse segregated ethnicities/cultures are "good" for America and people can come here and retain their segregated culture without integrating to our American culture and somehow this makes us stronger. Why come to a country you don't want to meld into? You want to retain your heritage, culture, and home country life style? Stay where you were born. We don't need segregation. BTW, I think when the integration culture started to work in our country and improve the divides between cultures and ethnicities the left quickly changed gears as racial harmony is contrary to their objective of destablizing our nation and the age old divide and conquer. MLK would roll in his grave if he saw what happened to his movement.

I Hawg I agree and I think this is what many of the Swiss are trying to say. This is our country and culture assimilate or stay where you are at.
    Sadly to some extent I can see why Muslims are leaving their homelands. They are repressed by their own choice of religion and come to other lands seeking to escape the more extremist versions of said religion but still do not force your culture on another peoples in another country .
    No one is saying you can't practice your religion just don't try and change our landscape and culture.
    As for grave sites I can see this as simply - your dead or no better than our dead and should share the same final resting place - assimilation of cultures.
    I do fear we may be headed to a war that will be religion based but will be waged under another banner due to the PC attitude.
    I don't care what your skin color is, religion or anything else, just assimilate into my culture and live freely and co-exist with me but do not try and change me or my culture or country.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Banning minarets is one thing - agreeable to me - but banning Jewish cemeteries? WHY? Jews have a long-standing history in Switzerland and haven't tried to take over the country like the islamists desire.

Eli

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication

And the interesting thing is (which no one ever talks about) is that human being naturally segregate themselves. It doesn't matter if people are Chinese, black, Italian, gay, or Martian, people segregate themselves among their own "people." Look at most any city/neighborhood in America, and the people have always segregated themselves. All this diversity stuff is a bunch of horse caca.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Banning minarets is one thing - agreeable to me - but banning Jewish cemeteries? WHY? Jews have a long-standing history in Switzerland and haven't tried to take over the country like the islamists desire.

Eli
    I agree but here again I thinks it's a statement of "assimilate" and by including the Jews they are making a profound statement of assimilation.

TrailDust - And the interesting thing is (which no one ever talks about) is that human being naturally segregate themselves. It doesn't matter if people are Chinese, black, Italian, gay, or Martian, people segregate themselves among their own "people." Look at most any city/neighborhood in America, and the people have always segregated themselves. All this diversity stuff is a bunch of horse caca.

Exactly - no one ever takes note of how we humans always seek out our own kind. Human nature IMO.

Top Bottom