• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZIG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Sugar Land
    Picked up a LC380 today. Is it just me or the trigger pull appears to be really, really, really long. I can sorta why since this is supposed to be a true concealed carry gun for even small size folks. But that was some trigger pull.
    Guns International

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Picked up a LC380 today. Is it just me or the trigger pull appears to be really, really, really long. I can sorta why since this is supposed to be a true concealed carry gun for even small size folks. But that was some trigger pull.
    I looked at one in Academy once, buy they wouldn’t unlock it for me to try the trigger so I walked out without it. Instead I did some horse trading for an LCP II and I really like it.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I love my lcp2, too lol.

I haven’t tried an lcs. Maybe the striker fired version will make you happy? Do they make an lcs in 380?

ZIG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Sugar Land
    I actually like the size of it. Since I like matching guns to my socks it is actually nice to have a small collection of daily carry firearms.

I looked at one in Academy once, buy they wouldn’t unlock it for me to try the trigger so I walked out without it. Instead I did some horse trading for an LCP II and I really like it.

ZIG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Sugar Land
    I would think so.
    I actually like my p938 quite bit. But of course I would feel much safe with LCs when ding appendix carry.
    I love my lcp2, too lol.

I haven’t tried an lcs. Maybe the striker fired version will make you happy? Do they make an lcs in 380?

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    89143A2F-61E2-4983-9121-1AEA00F068AA.jpeg
    I use the one that came with it.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX

Yeah, the LC380 is DAO with no manual safety, long trigger pull helps eliminate accidental discharge.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    Zig, I've had two Ruger LC380s. My youngest daughter saw the first one in my safe one day and decided it was just right for her (she's in her 30's). You always spoil your youngest. So after awhile when the prices started coming down this year I picked up the second one. It does have a long trigger pull since it is hammer fired and it was made that way for the safety of DAO pistol and mimic firing a DAO revolver. I like it because it's bigger than the LCP series and easier for my old hands to hold and control. It fits all the LC9 holsters I had on hand and the mags size is the same except for the rib inside the back to shorten the depth and allow for the shorter .380 round. Which allowed me to continue to use the same mag carriers too. I did experience one major, in my mind, shortcoming on both pistols I had/have. It doesn't do well with truncated/flat nose bullets which occasionally got stuck on the top of the chamber (FTF). Specifically the Winchester White Box .380. They functioned fine with true FMJ round nose (Remington green box) and every hollow point I put through it. Silvertips, Remington HTP, HydraShoks, and some left over Hornady XTP rounds.

In short, I love this gun and the only one that I recently bought that I love more for a fuller size .380 is the S&W Shield 380 EZ. It's bigger and didn't fit any existing holsters I had but it was nice.

For the price and the Ruger name, you didn't go wrong!

Chris

ZIG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Sugar Land
    I picked up mine like new with 3 magazines for 200 so no complains here.

I disassembled my 380 and was not surprised that the flat nose bullets might be Jammed. IMO as long as the gun shoots hollow points reliably this is still a good ccw. I will try some more different self defense bullets before giving it to me wife.

Zig, I've had two Ruger LC380s. My youngest daughter saw the first one in my safe one day and decided it was just right for her (she's in her 30's). You always spoil your youngest. So after awhile when the prices started coming down this year I picked up the second one. It does have a long trigger pull since it is hammer fired and it was made that way for the safety of DAO pistol and mimic firing a DAO revolver. I like it because it's bigger than the LCP series and easier for my old hands to hold and control. It fits all the LC9 holsters I had on hand and the mags size is the same except for the rib inside the back to shorten the depth and allow for the shorter .380 round. Which allowed me to continue to use the same mag carriers too. I did experience one major, in my mind, shortcoming on both pistols I had/have. It doesn't do well with truncated/flat nose bullets which occasionally got stuck on the top of the chamber (FTF). Specifically the Winchester White Box .380. They functioned fine with true FMJ round nose (Remington green box) and every hollow point I put through it. Silvertips, Remington HTP, HydraShoks, and some left over Hornady XTP rounds.

In short, I love this gun and the only one that I recently bought that I love more for a fuller size .380 is the S&W Shield 380 EZ. It's bigger and didn't fit any existing holsters I had but it was nice.

For the price and the Ruger name, you didn't go wrong!

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    Hey sr4440,
    You're right. My LC380 has a manual safety. I never used it on either piece and forgot it was there. Good catch.

Chis

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    The original .380 is what my wife started on that I got rid off. It had a long trigger pull and kicked like a mule because it was so light. She is a .45 Lady these days. She likes those big flying ash treys

Top Bottom