The Trutth about the Crusades?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SC-Texas, Nov 1, 2009.

1. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Moderator Moderator

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    There are a lot of myths about the Cursades and whether Islam is a Religion of Peace (ROPERS) or a religion of hate and violence. I ran across this article and found it interesting. I don't know if its factually correct:

http://www.joymag.co.za/article.php?id=135

http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/11/the_truth_about_islamic_crusad.html

2. SC-Texas

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX

3. SC-Texas

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX

4. SC-Texas

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Anyway, its another take on the popular view of Islam's "Peaceful" coexistence with Christianity.

5. SC-Texas

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Its not the most unbiased of sources, but neither is AlJizzeeera.

Here is some more infomraiton about the original post:

6. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    All I can say is bring your Jihad to my neighborhood and Allah better have a dam good stock of virgins!

7. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    In short, I've studied Islam at the university level, read the Quran, read the Hadith, studied Mohammed's life, etc., and all done with an open mind as I do with everything I learn. I came up with one conclusion at the end: Islam is a cult, the world's largest and most successful cult, but a cult nevertheless. I do not consider it to be a bona fide religion. Just one man's opinion...probably a federal hate crime nowadays for just saying that....:mad:

8. res1b3uq

res1b3uq Active Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I'm just an old dumb country boy, but seems I have always known the what and why of the crusades. My question is, why did George W. not know this? Why do the people in power not know this? Religion of peace? My ass.

9. cuate

cuate Well-Known

Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    George W. only did what any President would do when attacked by foreigners, perhaps though between a rock and a hard place.....Saudis, not Iraqis were the guilty parties but Oh My Gosh, we couldn't retaliate against where we get so much oil....So he chose to finish the job that Daddy didn't finish. Or he might have did like the present ass hole and twiddled his thumbs and passed some socialized medicine !!!!

God Bless Texas !!! God Bless America before BO !!!

10. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Well I knew the crusades were to reclaim the holy land but damn. Also the fact that the knights and foot soldiers lost everything to fight in the crusades is what the book/movie that Robin Hood was based.