Join TexasGunTalk

The U.S. Supreme Court rejected two appeals challenging California gun regulations

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by AustinN4, Feb 20, 2018.

1. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    The U.S. Supreme Court rejected two appeals challenging California gun regulations, steering clear of the debate over firearm restrictions following last week’s mass shooting at a Florida high school.

The justices left intact California’s 10-day waiting period for gun purchases, turning away arguments that the policy violates the rights of people whose background checks take less time. The court also rejected a National Rifle Association appeal and let California keep using fees paid on firearm transfers to help fund efforts to track down people who acquire guns illegally.

2. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I’m actually okay with this. At least until such time that a more “conservative” 2A outcome could be assured. Since SCOTUS decisions tend to set long term legal precedents for future court decisions, I’d just as soon wait until Justice Ginsburg kicks the bucket and/or Chief Justice John Roberts retires and President Trump can replace them with strict constitutionalist. At least by refusing to hear these cases, they keep the existing legal issue more-or-less localized and keep the door open for a future (national) SCOTUS decision.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    deemus likes this.
  3. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    What if she doesn't die or retire until there is a dem in the WH?

4. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Are you saying, you don’t believe Pres. Trump will have an opportunity to select anymore Supreme Court justices during his Administration(s)? IMO, this is unlikely.

5. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I am saying they will do just about anything so as to keep trump from appointing another.

6. Brains

Brains TGT Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    I think she may have already passed, she just doesn't know it yet.

Wildcat Diva likes this.
  7. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    At least 1 more, if not 2.

busykngt likes this.
  8. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I agree; especially, as long as the Senate remains in Republican hands - they’re the ones tasked with the “advise & consent” role.

9. TheMailMan

TheMailMan Active Member

Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    John Roberts isn't going to retire anytime soon, he's only 63. Either Ginsburg needs to return to the pit from whence she came forth, or Kennedy MIGHT retire. Also Breyer MIGHT retire. He's almost 80.

Personally I'd be in favor of mandatory retirement at 75.

10. MTA89

MTA89 Lives in a van down by the river TGT Supporter

Mar 10, 2017
    Almost Oklahoma
    I am pretty sure she has a pool of necromancers that take turns ensuring that she stays reanimated

SidewaysTA likes this.