• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    The VA decided to snag part of my pay this month saying that the computer just showed a debt from 2011 (having to do with my last school, some of you remember that story). I tried to dispute the debt when i called to find out why they took my money. They informed me that since the debt is older than 60 days, even though it just showed up this month, that I can not dispute the debt and they will not refund the money. I sent them the audit that they sent me in August showing there was no debt in either direction and they said that it doesn't matter since the computer now said otherwise. I hate how the VA can just take stuff and there is nothing I can do about it. So to make up for the lost cash I am trying to unload some of my old Video Game collection.
    Venture Surplus ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Write your Congressman and Senator with separate letters asking them to inquire on your behalf what's going on. Congressional inquiries get some attention paid to them. At minimum, agencies in receipt of a congressional inquiry must reply in writing to the congressional staffer who writes to them. When they reply, they necessarily must articulate *exactly* what's going on. Surprisingly often, when any government agency tries to actually put into words a full explanation for their actions they miraculously discover they've made a mistake and fix it. At minimum, they'll provide some guidance on how to pursue the matter further.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I think Ben's idea is better than just "accepting" it. Doubt there's anything I/we can do, but if there is, I'm sure TGT as whole will step up.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Call your Congressman's local office! Don't just send a letter, fax it to his local and D.C. office.

Call your local news. Tell them you have a good story to get them a head line.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I tried to dispute the debt when i called to find out why they took my money. They informed me that since the debt is older than 60 days, even though it just showed up this month, that I can not dispute the debt and they will not refund the money.
    That's BS!

Not you, the gov.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Call your Congressman's local office! Don't just send a letter, fax it to his local and D.C. office.

Call your local news. Tell them you have a good story to get them a head line.
    Governments can cow down to bad press, just look at Obama and his health care

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I feel really bad for anyone having to navigate the mil benefits mess with a head injury or who has stress issues.

It usually took me several days each semester often including taking a day off of work to navigate through the GI bill process.

I dont know how a disabled vet is expected to get through all of the layers of red tape if they dont have a good wife, friend or sponsor to guide them through it all.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom