Join TexasGunTalk

The wife had a vision...

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by JColumbus, Jun 9, 2019.

Should she add

1. Loads of sequence and glitter.

50.0%
  2. Hair clips and bows.

20.0%
  3. Back to the kitchen with you!!!

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JColumbus

JColumbus Well-Known

Jun 28, 2012
    She randomly comes up to me after around 5 years of having her first AR and says “Babe, I wanna customize my AR”. I chuckled to myself cause it’s a Del Ton and had magpul MOE furniture and a Bushnel Trophy so I thought it had all she could imagine and thought that meant that she wanted a cute sling or something.

Little did I know she had planned this stuff out like a damn wedding. Everything was her own choice and I had absolutely no say in the matter. She even demanded I was not to pull it apart and do any work unless she was involved. To be quite honest I can’t remember the last time I was so turned on yet very afraid.

Anyway, here’s what she came up with...

Sat like this for five years.
    C2C13C22-374B-4C1B-B430-AA239207DDFE.gif

Sits like this now.
    1DF1B623-44FC-4EFB-AA53-082F7A342F46.jpeg

Upper is:
    Heartman red dot
    Diamondhead BUIS
    Streamlight Pro Tac Rail Mount 1
    Ebay VFG that’s a Troy copy I believe
    Ebay rail that’s an inverted Strike rail
    (Reason being the strike rail is wide enough to cover a suppresor so she really liked the design but thought it’d look funny so luckily there’s a clone that has a smaller inner radius and its forgiving to my wallet)
    PSA nickel boron BCG
    Some random ebay comp, I guess cause it looks like a crown?

Lower is:
    Original Del Ton stuff
    Ebay receiver plate and castle nut

Noth’n special. She came up with the paint scheme and all of that and I just helped her out with the application. Getting the blue on the inner pats of the rail was a pain but we got it in there.

This was really fun to do with my wife and I love that she had the mind and desire to do this. I’m pretty blown away with how it turned out. Needless to say, dinners are phenomenal haha.

EZ-E, pronstar, BuzzinSATX and 10 others like this.
  2. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

Tell her Beta Mags are to heavy, need graphite where SureFire 60's & Magpul D60's are lighter & needs no graphite!

3. JColumbus

JColumbus Well-Known

Jun 28, 2012
    That’s funny, I didn’t know all that extra stuff but I told her they were lighter and thought it looked coller but she had to have that one. I think because it was clear.

I also don’t like the hartman but she wanted a futeristic look...

4. Sam7sf

Sam7sf TGT Addict

Nice. Castle nut, bcg, and brake go well with the blue.

JColumbus likes this.
  5. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

Better not let her watch any videos of binary triggers. Then again she could possibly buy you one also.

Sam7sf likes this.
  6. JColumbus

JColumbus Well-Known

Jun 28, 2012
    Ha ha yea. I’d actually love to try one for myself because some say they’re amazing and others say they’re finicky. I’d like to see for myself.

7. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

I have a RR M16A2. At a recent shoot I played more with my Fostech Gen II triggered pistol then the M16.

A couple of weeks ago a buddy asked if I ran the Aero 7.5 inch upper on my M16 because his brother & nephew are looking for a reliable short barrel upper for their M16. He thought I was crazy when I told him I was having to much fun with the pistol & a dedicated .22 upper on it.

8. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Good for her, and you....

9. Moonpie

Moonpie TGT Addict Lifetime Member

Bully for her!

BuzzinSATX likes this.
  10. SQLGeek

SQLGeek Will work for 10mm TGT Supporter

Sep 22, 2017