There is something that separates our country from others.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by navyguy, Jul 10, 2009.

1. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
  2. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've seen it before. My eyes were leaking through the whole thing. It is great to see everyone, and such a wide variety of people all come together to show their support like that.

3. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Very nice find Navy.
    The music used was enough to bring a tear but the taps really hit hard when I think my only son is in the Army soon to deploy over seas - this could have just as easily been him.
    I am very proud of all our men and woman that serve our country.
    They are all heroes!!!!
    GOD bless them one and all!

4. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    +1

5. Bigs Wife

Bigs Wife Active Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    wow, i was able to hold it somewhat together until i saw the billboard...
    thanks to all of you that fight for us. god bless

6. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    So touching

7. TriggerTime

TriggerTime Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    We hear so much about the younger generation being a bad lot, the country going down the tubes, etc. I went to my daughter's award ceremony when she received an award as an outstanding student at her college. There were probably twenty students receiving outstanding student awards who were veterans. Many of those veterans were in ROTC and will be returning to the service as new officers. One of the young men who received an award that night had suffered severe injuries while pulling wounded soldiers from a burning HUMVEE that had been hit by an RPG. Because of his injuries, he can not return to service but has distinguished himself academically and received his outstanding student award for his service to other veterans who are students because of the time he volunteers to assist them with PTSD and to help the ones who have other issues get help.

This is a fabulous country and that is proven through the youth who are selflessly stepping up to go in harms way. The coming generation will be the best leaders we've had since the WWII generation.

8. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Houston ish
    That was so touching. Thank you for posting that link Navyguy.

I flew into Newport News last year to visit a friend. He took me over to Ft. Eustis for a walkabout and it was overwhelming. I could not believe all the young guys in uniform who looked like they were 16 years old. I saw young and old, every color, every race. Everywhere I looked, uniforms, polished boots, every pin perfectly placed, soldiers doing their jobs, many coming back from overseas, many getting ready to leave.

That's the moment it became reality to me. When I saw the faces of these soldiers, I looked into the face of my freedom. I am so thankful for what generations of soldiers have done and for those that are fighting now. They really are heros. I salute them all.

9. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Taps is the only music I can't hear without shedding a tear. Thank you to all who wrote that blank check. :patriot:

10. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I made it about 5 seconds before I lost it. That is the best I have seen.
    God Bless the USA