Military Camp

There is something that separates our country from others.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've seen it before. My eyes were leaking through the whole thing. It is great to see everyone, and such a wide variety of people all come together to show their support like that.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Very nice find Navy.
    The music used was enough to bring a tear but the taps really hit hard when I think my only son is in the Army soon to deploy over seas - this could have just as easily been him.
    I am very proud of all our men and woman that serve our country.
    They are all heroes!!!!
    GOD bless them one and all!

TriggerTime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    We hear so much about the younger generation being a bad lot, the country going down the tubes, etc. I went to my daughter's award ceremony when she received an award as an outstanding student at her college. There were probably twenty students receiving outstanding student awards who were veterans. Many of those veterans were in ROTC and will be returning to the service as new officers. One of the young men who received an award that night had suffered severe injuries while pulling wounded soldiers from a burning HUMVEE that had been hit by an RPG. Because of his injuries, he can not return to service but has distinguished himself academically and received his outstanding student award for his service to other veterans who are students because of the time he volunteers to assist them with PTSD and to help the ones who have other issues get help.

This is a fabulous country and that is proven through the youth who are selflessly stepping up to go in harms way. The coming generation will be the best leaders we've had since the WWII generation.

Phoebe Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Houston ish
    That was so touching. Thank you for posting that link Navyguy.

I flew into Newport News last year to visit a friend. He took me over to Ft. Eustis for a walkabout and it was overwhelming. I could not believe all the young guys in uniform who looked like they were 16 years old. I saw young and old, every color, every race. Everywhere I looked, uniforms, polished boots, every pin perfectly placed, soldiers doing their jobs, many coming back from overseas, many getting ready to leave.

That's the moment it became reality to me. When I saw the faces of these soldiers, I looked into the face of my freedom. I am so thankful for what generations of soldiers have done and for those that are fighting now. They really are heros. I salute them all.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Yeah! The hard Part is as soon as the music starts you know what it is. a truly touching turn out of folks paying there respects. If this is not enough to make you sad watch the movie "Taking Chance".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Humble, TX
    While I was in the Army, I had the honor to help bring home two of our fallen, the experience humbles me to this day. The families thanked me for what I did for them and everytime they had a question they said, "We hate to bother you...."

1LT William Lewis & MSG Billy Anderson I'm glad I could play a small part in bringing you home.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I am always very moved by such things and that's why I posted it, though I thought some may have seen it before. We all need to remember, no matter who the POTUS is, our troupes are the protectors of our freedom, and they deserve all of our support.

For every freedom you have, you should thank a vet. Many paid the ultimate price, that some today just take for granted and piss away. Once it's gone, it will be hell to get back. /soap box

Top Bottom