Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Mar 30, 2008

15:50 pm, Mark Bonokoski / General, 249 words
    There Oughta Be A Law

(Sunday, March 30)

You may not remember this, but I do.

Boxing Day, 2006. A home in the Toronto suburb of Etobicoke is invaded by a bandit who shoots Rodney Anderson's' brother in the leg, and then fires another shot just before the gun jams.

Rodney Anderson grabs a kitchen knife, wrestles with the intruder to get his gun away from him and, in the process stabs the intruder in the neck.

The intruder drops his gun and flees the house. Rodney Anderson calls 911 for help.

The intruder runs away, bleeds out, and dies.

From my perspective, it's a proper ending.

What makes me remember this so clearly, though, is that Rodney Anderson — protecting his home and defending his brother — ends up being charged with the murder of the home invader.

Well, two years later, the case is finally over. Crown Attorney Jill Ferguson finally came to her senses — or her bosses' senses — and asked that the charge against Rodney Anderson dropped — stating, get this, “that the Crown has no reasonable prospect for a conviction.”

You think? You'd think that self-defence from a gun-toting, fire-at-will bandit, as well as the defence of another, would have never resulted in charges in the first place.

But that's not the world we live in anymore.

If the bandit had lived, he would likely have sued Rodney Anderson for everything he owned.

And, you know what?

He no doubt he would have won.

http://blog.canoe.ca/moosecountry/moosecountry/2008/03/30/there_oughta_be_a_law
    Gun Zone Deals

Top Bottom