• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mavs

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2021
    Texas
    I would like to find the information on who is responsible for the poor planning and execution of power for Texas. There is far too much solar and wind power that our system is depending on, and no additional power planned for gas, coal, or nukes.

All new building should be completely stopped until additional reliable power is installed ahead of completion and occupation of any new requirements for power in the state of Texas.

Who is driving this planning and action ? Why isn't the government doing something about this pitiful situation ?
    Guns International

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I would like to find the information on who is responsible for the poor planning and execution of power for Texas. There is far too much solar and wind power that our system is depending on, and no additional power planned for gas, coal, or nukes.

All new building should be completely stopped until additional reliable power is installed ahead of completion and occupation of any new requirements for power in the state of Texas.

Who is driving this planning and action ? Why isn't the government doing something about this pitiful situation ?
    The government?

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble

Here comes another 40 post gripe from you. You have complained about every thing since you joined.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    "The government?"

Who do you think in our government is responsible for this ?
    Buck stops on the governor's desk. He should be pressing ERCOT and the legislature for appropriate action.

I don't think most people really understand the generation situation in Texas.

mavs

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2021
    Texas
    Buck stops on the governor's desk. He should be pressing ERCOT and the legislature for appropriate action.

But ERCOT is not actually responsible for building new power generation plants or controlling building permits to stop increases in consumption are they ?

I think their job is to "manage" the consumption of available power isn't it ?

mavs

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2021
    Texas

I have sent 3 messages to the Governor and heard absolutely nothing in response. After the disaster last winter, I don't understand why this is not a much higher priority than it seems to be.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Just remember when your house is part of a rolling black out. If more morons had signed up for thermostat control you might have power. Go morons

mavs

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2021
    Texas
    Rolling blackouts is pure BS! They sure did not work right last winter! Some people had power cut off for days and others never lost power for a minute.

Last edited:

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Rolling black outs is BS. They sure did not work right last winter ! Some people had power cut off for days and others never lost power for a minute.

In my area in Plano we started with 2 hours without power and each blackout started getting longer and longer with it building up to over 8 hours without power. Just before the power outages started the heater in my apartment broke and it never got fixed until after power was completely restored. That majorly sucked. I am not sure how the rolling blackouts were "managed" as it seemed like chaos to me.

mavs

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2021
    Texas
    In my area in Plano we started with 2 hours without power and each blackout started getting longer and longer with it building up to over 8 hours without power. Just before the power outages started the heater in my apartment broke and it never got fixed until after power was completely restored. That majorly sucked. I am not sure how the rolling blackouts were "managed" as it seemed like chaos to me.
    Yes, I know of worse stories than yours too. I want to see the detailed plans and actions to make sure this does not happen again, and does not happen when it is 105 degrees either.

Can't find anywhere that can be reviewed or discussed.

But, if someone doesn't start stirring up some crap about it, you can bet it will happen again !

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    But ERCOT is not actually responsible for building new power generation plants or controlling building permits to stop increases in consumption are they ?

I think their job is to "manage" the consumption of available power isn't it ?
    First, I did not say ERCOT was responsible for building new generation. No they are not. Nor do they approve construction/environmental permits. Which is why I did not mention ERCOT.

ERCOT can implement measures that will help drive the generation sources though.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Rolling blackouts is pure BS! They sure did not work right last winter! Some people had power cut off for days and others never lost power for a minute.

Oncor had technical issues which prevented rolling the blackouts in many areas. Whether or not these have been addressed, only Oncor knows.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    We went over three days with no power.

mavs

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2021
    Texas
    First, I did not say ERCOT was responsible for building new generation. No they are not. Nor do they approve construction/environmental permits. Which is why I did not mention ERCOT.

ERCOT can implement measures that will help drive the generation sources though.

Gee, I thought you mentioned ERCOT when you said,

"Buck stops on the governor's desk. He should be pressing ERCOT and the legislature for appropriate action."

So, what appropriate action should the legislature and ERCOT be taking ?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom