• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Gee, I thought you mentioned ERCOT when you said,

"Buck stops on the governor's desk. He should be pressing ERCOT and the legislature for appropriate action."

So, what appropriate action should the legislature and ERCOT be taking ?
    My lack of clarity. My point was the governor needs to be the instigator.

I am certain I did not say that ERCOT was responsible for building new generation or issuing construction permits (back to your original reply).

As I mentioned above, ERCOT can implement measures that will help drive the generation sources though.

I would hope you know that the legislature can pass legislation which would affect the grid reliability with respect to generation sources. Did I really need to answer that?
    Venture Surplus ad

mavs

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2021
    Texas
    But I don't understand why they did not do anything after the disaster of last winter in the recently completed legislative session. I don't think the legislature meets again for 2 years unless the Governor calls a special session which I think he plans to do for the voting rights law but nothing I can find out about any power grid improvement items. And I think they need to put a halt to any more construction, commercial and private, until they have power available to keep those already here without this type of problems.

I'm going to send another message to the Governor's office but I think the government is so incompetent that we will have many problems in our future.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    In Kalifornia, my tiered rate plan per kw was:
    15 cents super off peak (10p-6a)
    30 cents off peak (6a-9a, 6p-10p)
    45 cents peak (9a-6p)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow. You can/could get fixed rate here for 11cents or so recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LinuxAssailant

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2020
    Soon to be Texan
    Place a 40 watt incandescent light bulb near the thermostat and turn it on. Thermostat thinks it is warm in the house and starts cooling it down.
    I used to do this with terminals, yes CRT terminals about 15-17 years ago at work... and I put a box on each side of it to keep the heat in... the vicinity. Worked WELL.

I can't sleep at 80+ degrees, I wake up sweating a bit.
    As soon as I get home I don the cargo shorts, and always have, as I recall...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom