• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Apparently in exchange for a sweepstakes entry many folks have agreed to let their thermostats be adjusted remotely in times of high energy demand. Sure hope it’s not happening to anyone here. Doesn’t sound like a good deal at all

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Sorry but not a lot of sympathy from me. You give somebody that kind of control over your lives and then you’re shocked when they exercise that control???
    Just like those that signed up for those gimmicky variable energy plans that get to enjoy the rock bottom payments when the weather is nice but then bitch and moan when their bill skyrockets due to extreme weather. You voluntarily signed up for it, you live with the consequences.
    It’s called personal responsibility.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I am going to hose off the coils on my a/c unit this weekend. I figure it may get hot enough to turn it on sometime in the next 30 days.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    My co-op has a plan that will charge you 5 cents but during the period of like 2pm-8pm it's 15 cents. Great if you work 2nd shift somewhere. I sure wouldn't give them control over my thermostat.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I’m
    Sorry but not a lot of sympathy from me. You give somebody that kind of control over your lives and then you’re shocked when they exercise that control???
    Just like those that signed up for those gimmicky variable energy plans that get to enjoy the rock bottom payments when the weather is nice but then bitch and moan when their bill skyrockets due to extreme weather. You voluntarily signed up for it, you live with the consequences.
    It’s called personal responsibility.
    I’m with you Jigo, these people knowingly allowed this to happen. Do stupid stuff, get stupid prizes. This fall rights in with folks who have their bill auto drafted from their bank acct. Sorry, but I don’t trust any person or entity not related to me to do anything that is in my best interest.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Sheeple. Let them be punished for their sins. They gave up their brains and rights, they made a choice, they will live with the results.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    My co-op has a plan that will charge you 5 cents but during the period of like 2pm-8pm it's 15 cents. Great if you work 2nd shift somewhere. I sure wouldn't give them control over my thermostat.

In Kalifornia, my tiered rate plan per kw was:
    15 cents super off peak (10p-6a)
    30 cents off peak (6a-9a, 6p-10p)
    45 cents peak (9a-6p)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008