1CD9AF07-870E-4E82-BD80-1ABFFC401724.jpeg
    Venture Surplus ad

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I didn’t use Kosher salt because I’ll have to ordered it. The pepper was not as coarse as I would’ve liked.

The bottle the wife grabbed for the apple cider spritz didn’t have a trigger! So I put a pan with apple cider vinegar and water underneath them. Used mesquite wood but would have rather used hickory.
    The smoke ring was great, seasoning great and as you can see by the pull back of the meat on the bone they were tender & juicy!

hooper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Houston Area
    So what was the recipe...just kosher salt and course black pepper and spritz with apple cider vinegar every so often?

they look great by the way.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    So what was the recipe...just kosher salt and course black pepper and spritz with apple cider vinegar every so often?

they look great by the way.
    You need to remove all the heavy fat & silver skin on the meat side. There is a lot of fat to remove. The silver skin is only a small amount.I pulled the fat & membrane off the rib side. Some say leave the membrane. Removing it the take up of the meat is more pronounced. I like eating caveman style off the bone. The membrane is to chewy for me. I used Worcestershire sauce as a binder for the salt and pepper. Garlic powder & cayenne pepper if you want.

Spritzing with half ACV & water after 2 hours then every 2 hour until done. With a non functional spray bottle I just put the ACV & water in a drip pan.

I’m going to see about a brisket tomorrow. While I do have a quantity of rub that I like for beef, this would be as good!

Top Bottom