• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shinerjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Central Texas
    I just checked the DPS website and they have FINALLY approved my CHL application! So now I just wait for the ID! Wow! And to think, they've only had my application since April 10!

I'm only about 3 hours from Austin. I hope it doesn't take too long to get here. I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon to spend a week in South Carolina. Sure hope I get it in time!
    Texas SOT

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Agree... Congrats to you as I continue to wait for them to even begin processing... :-( But hey, they cashed my check at least already... :-P

shinerjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Central Texas
    Thanks!

I appreciate it. Now if I can just get the ID in the mail...... LittleGun and Cyfer, I know exactly what you are going through. mac79912, I can't imagine having to wait another 2 months! I don't blame the staff working on it. But someone should have seen this coming or at least they could throw more money at it! Right now though, I'm just elated and relieved.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Congrats on joining the "revocable privilege" club........mine didn't take very long at all to approve - but took FOREVER to get the address changed when I moved (one town over) a few months ago. From what I understand, the office that processes CHL's is totally swamped right now - and they are even being "forced" to break their own laws regarding turnaround time on applications......

BluHog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Ellis County
    Update?

I'm curious - my wife and I intend to take the class as soon as we can get the time. It's now early October. Anyone know how long the processing is running lately?

LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I mailed my application on July 14. I got an acknowledgment letter on Aug. 8. I got my Hurricane Ike letter on Sept. 26. I'm still waiting. I try not to think about it.

perchjerk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    a buddy and me took the class together on july 12th. they had a problem with his application a sent parts of it back. no problem with my application and he got his permit monday. still waiting on mine. funny how things works!

Tracer_Bullet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    H-Town
    Still waiting here...

I sent in the paper work the last week of June. I got the Ike letter and just checked on the site and it says "Processing Application".

This means it's been 4 months total for me.

Still waiting...an waiting....an waiting....

TB

jimmy-buffett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Wow and I thought mine took a long time, they said during the class that the state had like 60 days to do it, and when I e-mailed them on day 55 they said that they had just mailed it out. Guess I got lucky...

JAFO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    S. A., TX
    Anyone know how long the processing is running lately?

I mailed my app in August 11th and my license arrived last Friday, so just about 10 weeks. My friend who took the class with me, on the other hand, forgot to sign his second passport photo. He returned that to them two days before I got my license but he hasn't gotten anything back yet.

Moezilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2008
    Allen
    It seems to vary wildly. I sent my app in Sept 17, DPS received it Sept 22. I already had my PIN in hand as I applied online so I was able to check status easily. My app went into processing October 1 and yesterday when I got home I did the daily inquiry, expecting to see "Processing Application" for the next several weeks and was pleasantly surprised to see the status had changed to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active". Now all I have to do is wait on the plastic in the mail which could be today or 2 weeks from now, who knows.

I have to say I was really shocked at how quick it went through, especially after having read all the horror stories of other peoples wait times. Not sure how true this is but heard that there was supposedly quicker processing for veterans, so any other vets out there, maybe it'll help speed your processing along too.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Not sure how true this is but heard that there was supposedly quicker processing for veterans, so any other vets out there, maybe it'll help speed your processing along too.

That very well may be it.

I'm still surprised to hear the others that got there's as quick as they did considering how far behind they were. It's got to be a first for a State or Federal office!!

TJ Willy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Wichita Falls
    I forgot all about checking the status on their website.. I just waited and waited. I hold a DOD Security Clearance and hoped that would speed things up. Nope. It took over five months from class to carry. App was not returned with errors or anything... just backlogged they said.

Top Bottom