• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    Today at 8:30am my truck got broken into in the parking lot of Lowe's by 10 and Callahan .
    besides the door damage they grabbed a plastic tote with powertools and other stuff plus a Hilti jackhammer.
    The officer only took a report and didn't even bother to check the camera ( I was parked 50 feet from the entrance for about 15 minutes) told me to take it with the insurance.
    Thieving is a profession nowadays because the cops don't want to spend time finding them.
    Hope they catch their hands into a wood chipper.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Guns International

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Sorry about your loss, but the probability of recovering your items is slim. I worked several SAPD asset seizure auctions, and a majority of the items being offered are power tools.

Property crime, and especially vehicle burglaries, is abundant in any major city; and San Antonio is no exception.

Did you fill out one of these?

https://www.sanantonio.gov/Portals/0/Files/SAPD/Forms/Property-Crimes-Compl-Packet.pdf

Most likely the serial numbers were recorded and will be passed to the Property Crimes Division of the SAPD. If by chance they are recovered, they will contact you.

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    I did receive the form but I never recorded the serial numbers. I do have the boxes from the most recent tools but not all.i don't even think I should bother sending that paper in as just like you said there's slim chances of getting my things back. I'll just waste someone's time for nothing.
    The good this is that they grabbed the tools and left pretty quick without looking into the central console where I had 3 envelopes with cash for the other workers weekly pay. My boss would have killed me ... So I have to be thankful that at least I have the money. For the tools ,I'll buy them back in time.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Sorry MF's ...
    No one deserves capital punishment more than someone who will steal the tools with which a man makes his living.
    Should the need ever arise for a volunteer for that particular firing squad...

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    They're probably professionals... well "professionals" what I mean is you could set up a bait car in any home depot or lowe's parking lot unlocked with power tools in it and I can bet you we would catch the mfers inside of a week because they probably do it pretty regularly, but who has time for that? Maybe we should start doing it.. Because if you put enough stuff in there that equates to over 1k of property it's a felony and then we can citizen arrest their asses right then and there... In my opinion thieves are POSes and usually cowards.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    On that same note, the fact that I've never had a hand tool stolen out of my work truck, only power tools, speaks volumes. SOB's definitely not interested in working ...

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    Now im calm , but I wish I caught them in the act.....

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Damn dude - that sucks. I think your characterization of thieves is just about right.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Work trucks are regularly targeted because they are lucrative for tools, and as was the case here many times the serial numbers are not documented.

BigPapiGreg had his broken into at the IHOP during a SAXET show, while my open Jeep parked right next to it went untouched...

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    A friends big Ford was broken into recently as well, at one of the two places, can't remember which one (HD, or Lowe's).

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Any big store outlet or mall where many vehicles are parked can be targeted. Tools are a good item to thieves, easily pawned.

Top Bottom