• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    hopefully they end up choking on a handfull of buckshot.
    bastards.
    ill be keeping an eye out as well.
    i will let my freinds know near marble falls as well.
    fair winds!

junkyguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is sad this lesson comes at a fellow gun owners expense but we should all have our firearms serial numbers recorded and kept in a safe place ,insurance companies will not cover any lost firearms without serial number information and usually will not cover more than a couple without a specific policy and at that they want a professional appraisal on everyone . I have documented every one of mine with photos and serial numbers even the serial numbers on the scopes .and keep them in a safe 12 men and 10 boys could not lift.

I am sorry for your loss my friend and will keep an eye out I do regularly look at most local internet sights that sell that kind of item.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It is sad this lesson comes at a fellow gun owners expense but we should all have our firearms serial numbers recorded and kept in a safe place ,insurance companies will not cover any lost firearms without serial number information and usually will not cover more than a couple without a specific policy and at that they want a professional appraisal on everyone . I have documented every one of mine with photos and serial numbers even the serial numbers on the scopes .and keep them in a safe 12 men and 10 boys could not lift.

I am sorry for your loss my friend and will keep an eye out I do regularly look at most local internet sights that sell that kind of item.

I believe most insurance companies will cover "at most" $1000.00 worth of guns without a totally seperate policy.....same goes for jewelry & I believe even camera stuff as well (not sure).

ge0624me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Know how it feels, I hope he get's his, Mine(a**hole) is going thru the court system right now, im still waiting to get my Pistol back, ...But good luck, He'll get caught sooner or later!!!

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    roguewave,

Sorry to hear of your loss, will add these to my watch list.

I presume a police report was filed.

Hope they are recovered soon.

roguewave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Texas
    Thanks everyone!, that crappy feeling in your gut just doesn't go away very easy...it's still there. Time will make it go away I guess.
    Investigators came out and the report was made.

597newbie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    NRA offers $1000 of gun insurance (as far as I can tell) to members

NRA offers $1000 of gun insurance (as far as I can tell) to members

Benefits of Membership

$1,000 of ArmsCare coverage with your NRA membership. This plan covers insured firearms, air guns, bows and arrows against theft, accidental loss, and damage. For special provisions and limitations of the ArmsCare Plan click here. ArmsCare

On these stolen gun threads I have never seen anyone (except me) post this... Am I missing something or wrong about this?

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    I am sorry to hear of your loss. Having had 22 guns stolen in 3 different incidents (one a robbery), I know how unsettling that can be. I have now recovered 8 of those guns (one just last week after 9 years). One of the guns from the first (the robbery) was recovered in SC 10 years after the theft. If at all possible, make sure you have the serial numbers and descriptions entered in the national stolen firearms registry. If I had not done so I'm sure I would not currently have a 36% recovery rate.

flashguy

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm sorry this sounds as though I'm trying to console you for a death in the family but I mean it when I say: I am very sorry for your loss. I don't know what I would do with that feeling that some dirt ball is out there on the streets with MY guns doing God know's what with them.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I am sorry to hear of your loss. Having had 22 guns stolen in 3 different incidents (one a robbery), I know how unsettling that can be. I have now recovered 8 of those guns (one just last week after 9 years). One of the guns from the first (the robbery) was recovered in SC 10 years after the theft. If at all possible, make sure you have the serial numbers and descriptions entered in the national stolen firearms registry. If I had not done so I'm sure I would not currently have a 36% recovery rate.

flashguy

I am just curious, if you had guns stolen 3 different times, but only one was a robbery, then what happend the other two times....?

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    I am just curious, if you had guns stolen 3 different times, but only one was a robbery, then what happend the other two times....?
    They were burglaries (or just thefts). The difference is that a robbery is when the owner is actually present and a burglary is theft of a place where no one is present. In the robbery, I was attacked unloading groceries from my car, forced inside, and tied up with an extension cord while the thieves went through my home. The second incident was a theft from my garage (I'd somehow missed closing the big door one night), and the third was when my pickup truck was stolen (right outside where I work) and had some of my guns inside (not visible).

On other posts on other gun boards I have fully admitted my foolish mistakes that allowed the last 2 incidents to involve guns. So far, I have been lucky that none of the stolen guns (apparently) have been used in violent crimes (or, at least, not in crimes that were solved).

Sorry, I did not intend for my prior difficulties to hijack this thread. I was originally trying to offer moral support.

flashguy

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    /\/\ thanks for the clarification (didn't know the official differences)......very lucky things didn't get worse during the robbery.

Top Bottom