• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Anyone know of which semi auto 9mm that has thin grips. I've got tired of looking for .380 for the wife so gonna look for 9mm now. About all I could find locally was a Walther but it was in .40. O yea she say's 1911's are to heavy for her not that I could find one without ordering and waiting.
    Texas SOT

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    Dee,

The Kahr PM9 and the Kel-Tec PF9 both have thin grips. I own both, but pricing is wayyyy different. Kahr PM9 costs about $600-780 and the Kel-Tec PF9 cost about $290-$350. I prefer the Kahr PM9 myself since its my back-up carry.

popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I carry an "STI", Ranger II in 9mm while "off duty" sometimes and it has a pretty thin grip. I personally don't find it to be an extremely heavy gun but I guess that is relative to what you normally carry or get used to. I personally love the feel of the "Ranger II" and I saw a couple in a local gun shop in Austin a month ago, although it does usually run around $1,000.00 new. Good Luck.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Thanks guys I'm gonna see if I can get her out to the store and put her hands on some to see what she likes and fits her.

bobbb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Kahr CW9 is a good fit for small hands. I have one for sale at Texas Gun Trader.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    You might want to go to a range that allows you to rent handguns so she can try some out. If the weight of a 1911 bothers her the increased recoil of a small, thin, 9mm might also bother her. The benefit of a larger and fatter grip is the absorbtion of felt recoil and holding more rounds. Many new shooters are afraid of the loud noise and recoil of pistols until they get used to it, and get some proper training.
    It's easier to conceal a small grip, but if this is not to be a ccw, and if she doesn't have extremely tiny hands, a larger grip might be better for her for fun at the range and/or home protection.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Well I may have her talked into a 1911 or at least useing my .38 super for her cc class but I have to put some thin grips on it for her. She has really small hands so the thin is so she can hold the gun correctly and reach the trigger propperly.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Have her wrap her hands around a HK P2000. They come with different sized rear grip panels so you can install the ones the best suits the hand size. That's a double stack gun, but very ergonomic and seems to suite smaller hands.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Have her wrap her hands around a HK P2000. They come with different sized rear grip panels so you can install the ones the best suits the hand size. That's a double stack gun, but very ergonomic and seems to suite smaller hands.

May have to go to the metroplex for that one not many people carry HK's around here.

hk boy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    kel tec pf9 is lighter, thinner and cheaper than kahr pm9, these are sub compact 9mm.
    have your wife handle/shoot both guns before making decision because their recoil is
    greater than larger/heavier guns

Top Bottom