• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    I love my M-1. It's easily my favorite rifle but for the money they go for today, I don't know if I'd buy one. Especially now that the surplus of M-2 ball has almost completely dried up.

Don’t blame no dagum marketational forces!!

Now should you sell yours today that is good value/money.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I love my M-1. It's easily my favorite rifle but for the money they go for today, I don't know if I'd buy one. Especially now that the surplus of M-2 ball has almost completely dried up.

Modern m2 ball is some of the cheaper .30-06 avalible, at .60 CPR, thats not bad

As for what they go for today, the CMP would like a few words

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Agreed, the PPU stuff is decently priced. But in its heyday Greek HXP was stupid cheap.

I still stand by my original statement. :)

For 650$, you can get a military surplus, full power semi auto rifle delivered to your door.

To help me make my point, a mosin nagant is ~300$, and an SKS is around 400

M1 garands are a great deal. Its carbines that aren't worth what they go for

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    For a field grade rifle. That's a large increase in price over what they were going for just a few years ago for the same condition. And from my reading, the field and even service grade rifle quality has declined.

Again, value for the money. The price of enblocs, ammo and the rifle itself continue to go up.

It's still a damn fun rifle to shoot and one of my favorites.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    For a field grade rifle. That's a large increase in price over what they were going for just a few years ago for the same condition. And from my reading, the field and even service grade rifle quality has declined.

Again, value for the money. The price of enblocs, ammo and the rifle itself continue to go up.

It's still a damn fun rifle to shoot and one of my favorites.

They have a special rack grade that has a new barrel. Even then, I've seen many mail order rack grades that shot very well, better than any other non-sniper military surplus rifle (excluding swiss guns)

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Walmart dress shoes
    Chinese rotors and brake shoes
    Smartphones
    Harbor Freight Tools (some, not all)
    Castle Rock RV tires
    Nissan trucks
    Hyundai
    Cable TV

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have to agree with Glocks not being a good value, at least when bought new. You are paying too much for the name, whereas several guns with similar reliability and more features can be had for less (plastic sights on a $500 fighting handgun is a big no-no). That's not to say that Glocks aren't good guns, just overpriced ones in my opinion.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I have to agree with Glocks not being a good value, at least when bought new. You are paying too much for the name, whereas several guns with similar reliability and more features can be had for less (plastic sights on a $500 fighting handgun is a big no-no). That's not to say that Glocks aren't good guns, just overpriced ones in my opinion.

The fact that no other company has an equivalent to the GSSF program makes a good argument for glock. It also helps that glock makes one of the simplest hamdguns on the market. I like PPQ's and VP9's as much as the next guy, but they aren't exactly the pinnacle of clever design.

People bitch about glock sights, but glock has standard SKU's that have steel night sights, and as bad as glock poly sights are, walther plastic sights are a million times worse

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Glock = Reliable, not purty, but reliable and relatively low cost.

Kimber 1911 - Unreliable, painful to the wallet, but sho nuff be purty.......

Oh wait, K can be reliable after you spend 3 times it's cost on gettin it fixed.

Top Bottom