• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobbyb0322

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    I work at a car lot and deal with a wide variety of brands and I'll say with most of your major brands Ford, GM, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc. it has more to do with how well the vehicle is maintained and how it is driven. I see Fords, GM's, Toyotas, Nissans, Hondas, etc all the time with tons of miles on them still running like a charm and I see the same vehicles all the time with lots of miles on them running like crap obviously because they weren't taken care of. Saying the Asian vehicles are better quality simply isn't true as you have Kia which is total and utter junk. I have similar opinions on most Chrysler products. The rebadging of vehicles goes both ways. Nissan is going to be getting their Titan trucks in 2010 or 2011 from Chrysler. This has been going on for years. It doesn't make sense for Nissan to have a factory to produce a truck that doesn't sell like say the Maxima. Same goes for Isuzu with the Chevy Canyon. I also don't see the American car companies ever being able to compete until their Unions realize they are overpaid and the wages go down. The reason Toyota is taking over is because they build a Tundra in Texas for around $50 an hour and it costs GM $90 per hour (roughly, from figures I have seen in various articles) to build a Silverado. One of two things happens there, they either have to end up selling their product for a higher price than the Toyota and then sell less units or the quality will suffer in the long run. That is the biggest problem in my opinion.

Top Bottom