• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    GM, Ford, & Chrysler Nothing needs to be said... Ford, Chrysler and GM's contributions after 9/11

An interesting commentary...You might find this of interest:

CNN Headline News did a short news listing regarding Ford and GM's
    contributions to the relief and recovery efforts in New York and Washington .

The findings are as follows.....

1. Ford
    - $10 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions
    of the same number plus 10 Excursions to NY Fire Dept.
    The company also
    offered ER response team services and office space to displaced government employees.

2. GM
    - $10 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions
    of the same number and a fleet of Vans, SUV's, and Trucks.

3. Daimler Chrysler
    -$10 million to support of the children and victims
    of the Sept. 11 attack.

4. Harley Davidson motorcycles
    - $1 million and 30 new
    motorcycles to the New York Police Dept.

5. Volkswagen
    -Employees and management created a Sept 11 Foundation,
    funded initial with $2 million, for the assistance of the children and victims of the WTC.

6. Hyundai
    - $300,000 to the American Red Cross.

7. Audi
    - see VW

8. BMW - Nothing.

9. Daewoo - Nothing.

10. Fiat - Nothing.

11. Honda - Nothing despite boasting of second best sales month ever in August 2001

12. Isuzu - Nothing.

13. Mitsubishi - Nothing.

14. Nissan - Nothing.

15. Porsche - Nothing. Press release with condolences via the Porsche website.

16. Subaru - Nothing.

17. Suzuki - Nothing.

18. Toyota - Nothing despite claims of high sales in July and August 2001.
    Condolences posted on the website .

Whenever the time may be for you to purchase a new vehicle, keep this information in mind.
    You might want to give more consideration to a car manufactured by an American-owned and / or American based company. Apart from Hyundai and Volkswagen, the foreign car companies contributed nothing at all to the citizens of the United States ... It's OK for these companies to take money out of this country, but it is apparently not acceptable to return some in a time of crisis. I believe we should not forget things like this. Say thank you in a way that gets their attention..

Venture Surplus ad

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Very good information... also it seems the other countries do little to help us when we ask, but get pissed if we are not on their doorstep 5 seconds after their crisis has begun

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Very good information... also it seems the other countries do little to help us when we ask, but get pissed if we are not on their doorstep 5 seconds after their crisis has begun
    Yep, they always have their hand out and we always step up but never is it the other way around.:banghead:

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    If buying a car based on contributions to 9/11 relief is important to you, then such a listing might be of use. Personally, I'm more interested in the specifics of the vehicles that a specific automaker produces as opposed to what they do or don't donate to.

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    2 reasons why i like honda.
    1) http://corporate.honda.com/america/events.aspx?id=disaster-relief
    2) they have damn good vehicles that are well built and get decent gas mileage.
    i know that they are well built because my sister got into an accident with my parents crv and a dodge 1500. all we had to do was pop the light on our crv back out, while the insurance company had to pay 1500 to fix the dodge. and concerning gas mileage, i currently own a honda civic hybrid and when gas gets to 4 dollars again i shall be loving every minute that i get when my car is sipping about 40 to 50 mpg.

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    ok sure, japanese manufactures do not make vehicles the size of noah's ark but the cost of 2 "imports" rivals that of 1 people mover of "american" manufacturers which would cost probably more on insurance ill say that but would pay for itself on better trade in value. honda has a 75% trade in value at 5 yrs or 75,000 miles. considerably better than most other companies can boast of. and unless you plan on having 8 kids the rest of your life, trading in a vehicle would be something to do when those said kids move out of the house.

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    well if that is what you were able to afford straight cash without getting into the interest debt then all to ya. i mean for many cases imports arent the greatest choice but for a possible person going to college getting a used japanese car can be just as good as some used american vehicle if family is not something foreseeable or a big family is not forseeable. i mean for the average family it will work and so i guess car companies that make the bigger vehicles are attractive to those bigger families i guess japan is going for the average to get more sales. the quantity of sales over higher sale of profit made per vehicle, which is the norm on all suv and bigger type vehicles.

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    im guessing by cost of insurance that is for liabilty and id guess the other 2 drivers are a wife and daughter. younger males like myself get the shaft till 21-25 on cost, even though i see crazier women driving the streets. if that is full coverage tell me who you are with, cause 26 a month would be amazing haha

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    holy shit, that is quite a few kids ya got there, specially at such a young age but more power to ya. when i read robert e lee i was thinking that you were bs'in but then i have a friend named king kong, legitimately. gah he got so much crap when that dumb song "i've got king kong in the trunk" came out.

Top Bottom