Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Getting stuck in soft ground is bad. Getting stuck in soft ground then dumping enough concrete to almost encase the rear of your vehicle must be really, really pucker-inducing.

It looks to me like a couple of more yards dumped in that spot and that truck would have been cemented in place.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Getting stuck in soft ground is bad. Getting stuck in soft ground then dumping enough concrete to almost encase the rear of your vehicle must be really, really pucker-inducing.

It looks to me like a couple of more yards dumped in that spot and that truck would have been cemented in place.
    Might even find Jimmy Hoffa under that thing.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm

Saw in happen in CS when two trucks sank one side in a utility ditch not properly backfilled. Took a crane to get them out. Side note…. Concrete man told me if the barrel is still rotating, you can a 100 lbs of sugar and the concrete won’t set up…….never had to try it.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

Probably dumped the concrete to make extraction easier. A loaded concrete truck is marginally within DOT standards on weight.

Top Bottom