Think I may become a Glock owner...

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by DirtyD, Jul 3, 2009.

1. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I have avoided the Glock addiction and been a staunch advocate of the XD for a while now, but today at Shiloh I put 50 rounds through a friends G23 and think I may have to have one. Next time I am in Austin I will probably swing by GT Dist and pick one up, of course it will probably have to go see Dale because these sausuges I call fingers dont really fit the finger grooves, but I like.....

2. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I've posted this before, so I hope I don't sound like a broken record, but I hatedGlocks for the longest time. Sigs, HK's 1911's SW... anything but Glock They're ugly I thought. But I broke down and bought a G19, and I'm converted. I love the gun. Size is a perfect compact, shoots great, easy to clean and maintain, hi capacity and not expensive. Now, I'm not throughing out my Sigs, HKs and 1911s. But ole' Mr. Glock as a place in the collection. A functional one as well.

Buy with confidence.

3. GM.Chief

GM.Chief Well-Known

Mar 16, 2009
    Ryan, as long as you don't tell her, I'll sell you my wife's G23...oww..cut it out...oww...ok,ok I'm sorryyyy!!!....lol she found me out. looks like I have to keep it here for now...:lolz:

4. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Yeah, that may not be the best idea... I am going to get one of the LE packages, comes with an extra mag and saves me about $150....

5. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    wish I woulda known that, well guess I will for the next one...

6. Texas Solo

Texas Solo Active Member

May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    You might want to look at the G22 instead of the G23. The finger groves are more generous. That's why I sold my G19 for the G17.

7. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    The grip of the G22 does fit much better, but I like the size of the 23.... Dale Honeycut does a great job with grip reductions, and I will just have him "shave" the grip....

8. Maxpower

Maxpower Active Member

May 26, 2009

I have one of each and prefer the Glock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. have a g21 sf...love it

10. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

Thats ok DD we wont hold it against you that you own a gl gl gl
    oh I cant even speak that word.:rofl: