• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    But, you can't dispute that Glocks are by far the most purchased and used hand guns in the US, Glocks dominate. They are doing something right.
    More people voted for Obama than any other candidate and he dominates as well. Does that mean he must be doing something right? Sorry bud I JUST DONT BUY IN TO THE "MILLIONS OF AMERICANS CAN'T BE WRONG" argument look at the voting rercord and its hard to dispute that indeed they CAN,lol, I will admit that they make a decent product but the fact is that the majority of your GLOCK sales are newbs without a clue is a belief I will hold firmly to. Not saying that alot of cops and everyday joes don't like them like you said,just that every time I see someone looking at a glock in my local gun store 9 times out of 10 it is PAINFULY obvious they dont have a clue. I will discontinue posting here as I truly didnt mean to jack this thread. Sorry bud.
    Guns International

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    More people voted for Obama than any other candidate and he dominates as well. Does that mean he must be doing something right? Sorry bud I JUST DONT BUY IN TO THE "MILLIONS OF AMERICANS CAN'T BE WRONG" argument look at the voting rercord and its hard to dispute that indeed they CAN,lol, I will admit that they make a decent product but the fact is that the majority of your GLOCK sales are newbs without a clue is a belief I will hold firmly to. Not saying that alot of cops and everyday joes don't like them like you said,just that every time I see someone looking at a glock in my local gun store 9 times out of 10 it is PAINFULY obvious they dont have a clue. I will discontinue posting here as I truly didnt mean to jack this thread. Sorry bud.

The comparison to Obama is failed. More people voted for Obama because of the alternative, the overwhelming support he got from the mainstream media and his charismatic speaking ability. We'll see what his staying power is. Glocks have been around for quite a while, and it's not all just first time buyers. Just look to all of those who have won IDPA matches with Glocks (most dominate gun in IDPA) They certainly are not newbies that know nothing.

But you're correct. This conversation/debate is pointless. Those that do not like Glocks need not buy one.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    . . . ., I will admit that they make a decent product but the fact is that the majority of your GLOCK sales are newbs without a clue is a belief I will hold firmly to. Not saying that alot of cops and everyday joes don't like them like you said,just that every time I see someone looking at a glock in my local gun store 9 times out of 10 it is PAINFULY obvious they dont have a clue. I will discontinue posting here as I truly didnt mean to jack this thread. Sorry bud.

Nice way to insult everyone here who owns a glock.

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Nice way to insult everyone here who owns a glock.

Not what I meant to do if that is how it sounded I am sorry. I truly doubt the kind of people I meant would be on this site sharing and researching in the first place. I was a little upset this morning and I guess it carried over into my post and I sincerely apologize.
    John

P.S
    GLOCKS RULE!!!!!

TexasHK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    I avoided glocks like the plague, I had only fires a sub-compact, and in my paws that you might call a hand, I did not care for how it shot.

I was a staunch 1911 man until buying an HK Expert and then, funny how things work out, I was selling a HK Clone PSG-1 and to make the deal go down I had to work a trade into the deal and took a Glock 24C with a couple of 15 rounders. After shooting the thing it handles very nice, and the lighter trigger for the competition model makes it a pleasure to shoot. Full size frame fit my hand very well.

Now after having been only for 1911's; I have found several pistols I like having from my 1911, HK Expert (45 ACP) and now the glock 24C (40 S&W)

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Not what I meant to do if that is how it sounded I am sorry. I truly doubt the kind of people I meant would be on this site sharing and researching in the first place. I was a little upset this morning and I guess it carried over into my post and I sincerely apologize.
    John

P.S
    GLOCKS RULE!!!!!

No problem. We all have bad days, and we all have our preferences and biases. What works for you, doesn't work for others and visa versa. We (us on a gun board) are pretty much in the same boat, and little issues about what gun you like or do not like is just the fine details amongst friends. It should not get to angst. Piece

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I tell people all the time, a Glock is the Toyota Corolla of the gun world. It won't impress your friends, it won't get you the chicks, but it'll get you to the party every time, and that's what counts the most.

Glocks aren't particularly good looking, but damn do they work, and that's why I have a 19. I need to get mine re-worked by Dale also.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    I have a 2nd generation Glock 22 that is my carry and "go to" gun. Bougt it new back in 1994 and the thing has never balked once.

I had Dale mod the grip and do a trigger job and I will say that the difference in a Glock with the grip mod and a stock Glock grip is NIGHT AND DAY! Now, my G22 points like a 1911...gotta love that.

Just about everyone I know that hates Glocks because of that annoying hump on the backstrap (me included) has loved the modded grip of my G22. Amazing what taking the hump out of the backstrap does for a pistol's pointability!

Since my G22 is an earlier one I did not have to take the finger grooves out but I would if it was newer - I detest finger grooves on any pistol.

Yes, you'd be shocked at how nicely Dale's grip fits your hand...forget everything you knew about stock Glock grips and how awful they feel...Dales grip mods make the Glock a VERY shootable piece, indeed!

- brickboy240

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Not sure about the model but the only Glock I've ever liked is the long barreled version with a trigger job, it was a very nice shooting gun.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    you sound like you're a newb.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    dang saves you that much? so that means we can start charging you now right? :p

drop off a case of MRE's when you get a chance bro.

If you join the GSSF ($35/year) you can get a certificate (one each year you stay a member) to let you purchase a LE Glock at the discount price from a participating dealer (not all LE or GLock dealers are in the program). In Texas, there is Cheaper then Dirt, A place near SA, one down SW of Houston by Richmond I think, and two others, one of which is in Waco I think. Or you can order it from OMB and have it shipped to you FFL.

If you go to a dealer you choose from what they have on hand, if you go to OMB you can get exactly what you want.

All the guns are blue label LE so the full-size and compacts come with three mags, the subs only 2. Not all guns are available on the cert, I think the only two that are excluded are the G24 and G17L.

Also as a GSSF member you can hit any GSSF match and have you glock worked on for free for factory stuff, and can also sign up for the armorers course.

I bought a new in box blue Label 34 for just a hair over $400. Most the full size small and compact frames are <$400 for the basic model.

malladus

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    Yea, I have case of Glockenitus

Glocks002.gif

Glocks003.gif

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I never really warmed up to the two Glocks I've owned, and sold, but you guys are making me have seller's remorse. Weird how that works...you just want one just to have one...same as with a lot of other guns I own.

Top Bottom